Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
reader77
reader77 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Unhappy Tried everything prs-505 wont flash

I copy all the files to an SD card and all I get is the spinning hour glass then nothing with no menu to update or flash the firmware. I have read everywhere, am I missing some critical step?

I have tried both card slots, but like a broken Chuck Bartowski.... IT WON'T FLASH! please help....

that is all
reader77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
reader77
Check SD card for errors (chkdsk /f <drive letter> or reformat it.
Spinning hour glass normally means it is scanning the content of the card. Do you have many files there?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader77 View Post
I have tried both card slots, but like a broken Chuck Bartowski.... IT WON'T FLASH! please help....

that is all
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader77 View Post
I copy all the files to an SD card and all I get is the spinning hour glass then nothing with no menu to update or flash the firmware. I have read everywhere, am I missing some critical step?

that is all
Love that show and it stars a hot Aussie babe as well
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, flash, prs-505