Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #61
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Too, too true! And in America, we give 'em a couple of rib kicks to get the point across once their unconscious!! Gosh, I LOVE my Country!!

Kaz
I'm grudgingly accepting of my country
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #62
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm grudgingly accepting of my country
You wouldn't say that if you lived here! We have lots of POP!! Come on, you know you want some. . .
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #63
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
You wouldn't say that if you lived here! We have lots of POP!! Come on, you know you want some. . .
Kaz
LOL! I fear they wouldn't let me in your country...they do still ask that question about "Have you now or have you ever been a member of the Comm...." don't they?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #64
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
If such a thing is possible ...

Did I tell y'all that I dreamed the other night that the Queen was my Granny, but sort of the opposite way around?
Did you get to wear the crown and wave the sceptre? I really want to wear the crown!!!
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #65
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James D. Nicoll
That's very apt, although not very aped, as in not gibbous but gibbinous. Precisely.

Quote:
You were the Queen's Granny?

And talking about language variants and meanings. Where I come from it's quite regular for Grandparents to take on the names "Mother" and "Father" instead of Granddad, Grandmother. Get's confusing at X-Mas though
Again with my sister-in-law. Her elderly half-indian mother in Arizona came back here to live with my SIL a few years ago. She was wheelchair bound, had long white yair that hung in her lap in 2 tight braids. Anytime she was in proximity to a Native American, like at Walmart or wherever, the person would be very respectful to her and wish her, "Good day to you, mother." She would be furious! She was ashamed of being injun and would shout, "I'm Swedish!" at them!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #66
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
LOL! I fear they wouldn't let me in your country...they do still ask that question about "Have you now or have you ever been a member of the Comm...." don't they?
Nah. You just can't go into any of our Federal buildings...and maybe any of the Southern states. That's the nice thing about the US and can't believe anything you want, as long as you do it quietly. Shhh, you didn't hear me say that.
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #67
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Nah. You just can't go into any of our Federal buildings...and maybe any of the Southern states. That's the nice thing about the US and can't believe anything you want, as long as you do it quietly. Shhh, you didn't hear me say that.
Kaz
So I'd be okay wearing my Che Guevera - Death to Capitalism! - T-shirt?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #68
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Waaaaaay back in the first few days of Basic Training a very large very dark Drill Sgt blocked the sun and sky from my universe and; "HIRT HRUT HREAT HRU HROWWWW!!!!!" and I stared open mouthed. This scenario repeated a few times until I was finally able to very vaguely understand; "WHAAATZZZZZZZ DA MADDER WIDU PRIDAT!???? DONCHU SPEEEK ENGLIS!?" to which I very unfortunately responded; "Why yes, I do. I'm not entirely certain what you are speaking though."
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #69
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you get to wear the crown and wave the sceptre? I really want to wear the crown!!!
Kaz

No no no, the Queen and my Granny were sort of a morphed combined creature. She lived in my Granny's farmhouse, and was in the big yellow kitchen, all trussed up in her royal Garter sash, cooking up chocolate pudding to go in Granny's cute little old pudding dishes. And then I woke up.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #70
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Waaaaaay back in the first few days of Basic Training a very large very dark Drill Sgt blocked the sun and sky from my universe and; "HIRT HRUT HREAT HRU HROWWWW!!!!!" and I stared open mouthed. This scenario repeated a few times until I was finally able to very vaguely understand; "WHAAATZZZZZZZ DA MADDER WIDU PRIDAT!???? DONCHU SPEEEK ENGLIS!?" to which I very unfortunately responded; "Why yes, I do. I'm not entirely certain what you are speaking though."
so... what *was* he speaking ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #71
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No no no, the Queen and my Granny were sort of a morphed combined creature. She lived in my Granny's farmhouse, and was in the big yellow kitchen, all trussed up in her royal Garter sash, cooking up chocolate pudding to go in Granny's cute little old pudding dishes. And then I woke up.
wow !! the queen makes pudding for dixiegal !!! did you feel honored, dg ?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #72
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
That's very apt, although not very aped, as in not gibbous but gibbinous. Precisely.

Again with my sister-in-law. Her elderly half-indian mother in Arizona came back here to live with my SIL a few years ago. She was wheelchair bound, had long white yair that hung in her lap in 2 tight braids. Anytime she was in proximity to a Native American, like at Walmart or wherever, the person would be very respectful to her and wish her, "Good day to you, mother." She would be furious! She was ashamed of being injun and would shout, "I'm Swedish!" at them!
I would SO love to meet your Sister-in-Law!!
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #73
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
So I'd be okay wearing my Che Guevera - Death to Capitalism! - T-shirt?

ahem. Them what don't like capitalism only say that because they don't have any. Che Gevara.... isn't that the guy who brought freedom to banana plantations or something?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #74
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so... what *was* he speaking ???
Deep South with a strong military accent.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #75
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Deep South with a strong military accent.
sounds like a whole nother (<-- on topic !! ) language.