Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #31
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Howz about we give you ebonics for collateral, and we promise to put a check in the mail on Tuesday?

No, it doesn't quite roll lazily enough off one's tongue. Par company sort of slides in from the molars and oozes to the lips, which gently kiss it into sound. Say it slow like it tastes good to you.
That is so funny!! You meant the POWER company! I didn't get it until your second reference! I feel so cheap and tawdry!
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Author Eric Flint often collaborates with his good friend and writing partner Dave Freer. Eric lives outside Chicago; Dave is from rural South Africa. Eric uses US English and spelling; Dave uses ?? English (I don't know what to call it, but it's not-quite-British) with British spelling rules.

One day Eric posted that Dave had sent him the first draft of a book they were writing. So, the first thing Eric did was to commit Uicide on the book.

Xenophon

I love it!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #33
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Dear Americans,

It has come to my attention that the English language was only loaned to you on a semi-permanent basis. I discovered, only recently, and thanks to Jeff Bezos's example, that when we gave you your language, we were only loaning said language for the period of our occupation of the colonies.

Sadly we now must inform you that all rights and derivations of the English language used by aforementioned "Americans' must now cease and desist. All unused U's and replaced Z's must be returned to their proper positions within 30 days.

We have consulted Sylvester Stallone (who we have on good authority is a master of American English) to invent a new language. This new language will be formally known as Adrienish and will include a six-letter alphabet.

We wish you the best of luck in this transition period.

Yours
Her Maj
Queen Elizabeth II
I thought the QE II was a big boat.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I thought the QE II was a big boat.

She is!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #35
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Can you give an example? For the most part, we pretty much just ignore it.
Kaz
Kaz, are you asking for an example of how the u makes a difference in the pronunciations? If so, just pronounce neighbor as neighbour instead of like neighber or neighbore. It's just like saying your instead of yore. It's a oo sound but slightly different. At least, in my head. Sorry, I can't explain it better.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
the first thing Eric did was to commit Uicide on the book.

Xenophon

Oh my spleen!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #37
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Par company sort of slides in from the molars and oozes to the lips, which gently kiss it into sound. Say it slow like it tastes good to you.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #38
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Dear Americans,

It has come to my attention that the English language was only loaned to you on a semi-permanent basis. I discovered, only recently, and thanks to Jeff Bezos's example, that when we gave you your language, we were only loaning said language for the period of our occupation of the colonies.

Sadly we now must inform you that all rights and derivations of the English language used by aforementioned "Americans' must now cease and desist. All unused U's and replaced Z's must be returned to their proper positions within 30 days.

We have consulted Sylvester Stallone (who we have on good authority is a master of American English) to invent a new language. This new language will be formally known as Adrienish and will include a six-letter alphabet.

We wish you the best of luck in this transition period.

Yours
Her Maj
Queen Elizabeth II
Brilliant.

Actually, I saw Rocky for the first time recently. I think I understood about half of it.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #39
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Kaz, are you asking for an example of how the u makes a difference in the pronunciations? If so, just pronounce neighbor as neighbour instead of like neighber or neighbore. It's just like saying your instead of yore. It's a oo sound but slightly different. At least, in my head. Sorry, I can't explain it better.
Yep! That's what I was it. Sorry, I was specific. I hate to say it, but I think it's in your head!! I can't hear the difference in my head! So, maybe it is my head and not your head that is the problem. . .hmmmmm. Nope, it is definitely your head. Mine is just fine!
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #40
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
That is so funny!! You meant the POWER company! I didn't get it until your second reference! I feel so cheap and tawdry!
Kaz
And now you finally are a true llounge llizard. Wellcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #41
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Oh my spleen!
Be careful, Dixie! Your internal organs are having enough problems without this thread adding to them!!
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #42
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
And now you finally are a true llounge llizard. Wellcome!
Awh, you say the nicest things!!
Kaz
Old 04-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sheesh, i go away for just a few hours and look what happens !! a whole new thread, which i can barely understand.

but if we're complaining about linguistic travesties, i'd like to submit travesty, precisely, which DOES NOT MEAN TRAGEDY !!! (although apparently y'aull knouws that alreaudy).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #44
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Wait!
I'm confused! am I going to get points off for saying "whole nother" "or for using z's and u's?
see.. I like you guys and I don't wanna get zingledd ousted and kiked out...

:blushing:
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sheesh, i go away for just a few hours and look what happens !! a whole new thread, which i can barely understand.
Awww, that's a darned travesty, Zelda.