Notices

Old 03-11-2024, 01:51 PM   #1
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Can't find download button for deACSM

I read this: https://mtsknn.fi/blog/bye-acsm-and-drm/

I downloaded the deDRM but couldn't find the download button for deACSM.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 03:29 PM   #2
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try here:
https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-calibre-plugin
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2024, 05:13 PM   #3
2scre
Zealot

Thanks. I downloaded and tried to load it but there is an InvalidPlugin error: The plug in ... is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
Old 03-11-2024, 05:31 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm going to assume you are on Mac, and maybe using Homebrew.

Whenever I need to have this plugin load in calibre I need to run this before launching:

Code:
brew unlink openssl@3
Then after quitting calibre:

Code:
brew link openssl@3
The unlink step should let you install directly in calibre.

It seems release version has issue with the current version of openssl, and has for some time now.

There is a beta version that's supposed to work with it, but I prefer the above workaround until the release version is fixed, as I do not want to run my Mac without latest version of openssl installed.

I do not know when that will be though I've asked on the DeACSM thread.

I only need to use the plugin 1 or 2 times a month, the rest of the time it fails to load in calibre but I don't need it to.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-11-2024 at 05:44 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 06:09 PM   #5
2scre
Zealot

I'm on windows.
Advert
Old 03-11-2024, 06:30 PM   #6
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Download the zip file and add it to plugins in calibre. Don’t open the zip file, use it as it is. Once it is loaded you’ll need to set it up. Hope this helps
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The DeACSM plugin is in the calibre plugin index. There is no need to download and install a file. In calibre just to to Preferences, Plugins, Get new plugins, scroll down to DeACSM, select it, and click the Install button.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:04 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
I'm on windows.
I suspect you downloaded the wrong zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-12 095705.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	206863

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:16 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The DeACSM plugin is in the calibre plugin index. There is no need to download and install a file. In calibre just to to Preferences, Plugins, Get new plugins, scroll down to DeACSM, select it, and click the Install button.
That's not immediately obvious - the name of the MR plugin thread is ASCM Input, and the title of the Github Readme is Calibre ACSM Input.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:39 PM   #10
2scre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Thanks. I successfully installed it but for DeDRM tools I'm still getting the same error when I try to load the zipped file.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:17 AM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
Thanks. I successfully installed it but for DeDRM tools I'm still getting the same error when I try to load the zipped file.
Unzip the main DeDRM archive and install the one called something like DeDRM_Plugin.zip.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:32 AM   #12
2scre
Zealot

Thanks. It worked.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:07 PM   #13
ianl
ianl began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Muse T78D
Always use the .zip (and "unzip it") of the Latest release here:
https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-...lugin/releases

... and use with :
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases
ianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 02:13 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianl View Post
Always use the .zip (and "unzip it") of the Latest release here:
https://github.com/Leseratte10/acsm-...lugin/releases

... and use with :
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/releases
Do not unzip the ACSM release .zip file (currently DeACSM_0.0.16.zip). calibre will import the .zip file. If you unzip it, it will not work. The DeDRM .zip file has two .zip files included so you will need to extract those two .zip files before installation.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-24-2024 at 02:15 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote