Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: The nominee for Montsnmags Party for '04?
pshrynk and Patricia 11 57.89%
That other guy and the white guy 0 0%
That former first Lady and her husband 0 0%
Some really white guy and another really white guy 0 0%
Opus and Bill 4 21.05%
The Blue One, next to the Fish 9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'll vote for it twice!
that's the spirit !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #62
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Do you think the voters will go for 1-day work weeks?
Well, yeah, obviously! There are way more people who would benefit from this proposal than not! It's those steenkeeng management types who would block this righteous proposal!

nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #63
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Good News! Asda (Walmart) still sell Rubis (chocolate flavoured fortified red wine) although M&S and Tesco seem to only have had it as a seasonal thing. Unfortunately I depleted Viccie Wine's stock of Lindisfarne cherry wine and elderberry wine, so will have to take a trip to the Isle when I get a car.
Anyway, in honour of the good news I'm donating some

to be sprinkled on whatever confectionary may be deemed appropriate.
If you think happy thoughts it may even help you view the films currently showing on the ceiling.

(apologies for the size of the pic, don't have time energy [and quite possibly knowledge and resources] to scale down. It's the thought that counts)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM   #64
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'll just counter that with the fact that we now have a fedora smilie!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Good News! Asda (Walmart) still sell Rubis (chocolate flavoured fortified red wine) although M&S and Tesco seem to only have had it as a seasonal thing. Unfortunately I depleted Viccie Wine's stock of Lindisfarne cherry wine and elderberry wine, so will have to take a trip to the Isle when I get a car.
i'm sorry, i must have had too many zany carters. i thought you said "chocolate flavoured fortified red wine" just now. but that's clearly impossible.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #66
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Right! Everybody! Let's get going! Time for the platform committee! Anyone have anything? Other than CUPCAKES NOW!! and E_BOOKS NOW!!?

Our Platform should read all the e-book formats!!!!!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #67
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With NO DRM!!!!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #68
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Yes. That was definitely a mistake. It should have read Chocolate Flavored Fortified Red Wine. We won't allow that mistake to happen again.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #69
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Will Marc's lovely wife/girlfriend/significant other be addressing the delegates this evening?
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #70
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilohertz53 View Post
Will Marc's lovely wife/girlfriend/significant other be addressing the delegates this evening?
I've got a wife/girlfriend??? Shit, I must have been really out of it last night. Never mix Zany and cupcakes, people!

Anyway, what's her name, and what...umm...kind of lifeform is she? Point her out to me, will ya?

Cheers,
Marc (Man, this is gonna get ugly. [forces face into "happy supplicant" rictus and starts looking around the room for a "come hither look" from a member of the femme-set...])
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #71
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I've got a wife/girlfriend??? Shit, I must have been really out of it last night. Never mix Zany and cupcakes, people!

Anyway, what's her name, and what...umm...kind of lifeform is she? Point her out to me, will ya?
Oh, Marc, Marc, Marc!! If I can't have a cuuuuuute robot, I like the guy with the clever mouth. [ Ulp. I really didn't mean that the way it sounded. ]

Changing into my red dress for the platform party ...... picking up 2 dozen cupcakes at Walmart which are all slathered with the same icing, so they look like a cake from above, but they break apart into separate cupcakes for the kiddies .... And, Yes, I'll vote early and often. That's how we DO it in the Chicago area!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #72
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oh, Marc, Marc, Marc!! If I can't have a cuuuuuute robot, I like the guy with the clever mouth. [ Ulp. I really didn't mean that the way it sounded.
[gulp] I guess this is one of those times in your life that you realise you've bitten off more than you can gently nibble. Umm, badgoodDeb, about this...marriage? girlfriendship?...(~thinking~ hmm, just what did I "propose" last night?)....

Quote:
picking up 2 dozen cupcakes at Walmart which are all slathered with the same icing...
(~still thinking~ ...but, on the other hand, think of the perks, boy!)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #73
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
(~thinking~ hmm, just what did I "propose" last night?)....
Something about "in order to form a more perfect union". There was a bit about "domestic tranquility" and "promoting General Welfare".
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #74
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
There was a bit about "domestic tranquility" and "promoting General Welfare".
That's silly! What's a higher promotion than General?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #75
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Gee, I thought I was the "dead sexy" one, Marc?

No worries. I was going to offer to stand in for you, but to be honest, I think your constituency would probably prefer the leather bikini and heavy armament appeal of badgooddeb over my bookish confusion.

Tags
unutterable silliness