Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
How to write kindlets.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102386

I'll have another read of this I suppose

Last edited by twobob; 09-03-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: OOOPS CAPS!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
How to write kindlets.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102386
I'll have another read of this I suppose
Good idea.
I know that the snake game kindlet was crafted from an applet, the creator may have shown how to do it..........
Spoiler:

print("I like my spam with ternary eggs, smothered in pseudo-sauce with a slice of xkcd.")
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've grabbed it down I'll have a glance

Spoiler:
#!/bin/sh/OnlyWakeMeWhenThereDone
mkfifo spamfifo; tail -f spamfifo >&2; grep cook spamfifo &; echo "raw!" > spamfifo; echo "cooked!" > spamfifo;

Last edited by twobob; 09-03-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spam
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
twobob

Bah cant get a basic HELLO WORLD kindlet to build. ho hum. tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #20
uwndrd
uwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-booksuwndrd has learned how to read e-books

Device: K3, K4, PRS-650
I think it would be easier (a bit closer from impossible to possible, i mean) to port Android on K3 and run android minecraft.
uwndrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #21
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
I think it would be easier (a bit closer from impossible to possible, i mean) to port Android on K3 and run android minecraft.
Do you know of any e-ink display machines that are running Android?

That would be one indication that it isn't impossible and having any links you find to such devices might help.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #22
twobob

I think the Sony PRS-T1 from 2009 was android? and maybe PocketBook do some stuff.

But I don't feel porting an entire OS is less work than porting one game.
Stop me if I'm wrong.

Ah well. Something will drop out. I'll try to strap together a minecraft4k kindet in my "spare time" then for POC

Some ACTUAL WORKING DOCS on kindlets might be nice. : )
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: The Sony (T1 & T2) runs Android, as does the Nook Touch. I'm sure there are others, too (the Kobo Touch? Not sure about this one).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: The Sony (T1 & T2) runs Android, as does the Nook Touch. I'm sure there are others, too (the Kobo Touch? Not sure about this one).
Thanks.

At the moment, I agree with twobob -
It should be easier to port one game than one operating system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have a Nook Simple Touch that runs an old android fresh out of the box.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #26
twobob

Zomg. How hard is it to run a goddurn hello world kindlet.

Our guides SERIOUSLY need updating. They all presume various things and don't state their assumptions, nor go into specific detail about operations to the kind of level that is practical.

Moan Moan, May have to spend a day tidying up the wiki on this IF I ever get one running. - bah - side projects - always take longer to setup then actually complete.

: )
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #27
twobob

No but really. How hard is it.

I have the guts *almost* running for a simple helloooo world.
That is the basic first hurdle done with and a mere 2 ish days to trace a weird error in my Ecllipse - an Eclipse model switch and several font fiddles later here I am with a not-working -yet-kindlet but at least I can jar them up via the IDE now, without it exploding : )

why have a dog and bark yourself? (unless the dogs explodes, that would be bad)

Well... watch this space, who knows maybe tomorrow I could actually put a meaningful pixel on the screen, or maybe even see something appear in my kindle index, that might be fun.

: )
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
twobob

So... Is it better to ask permission or forgiveness?

Discuss...

I vote forgiveness but I'm usually wrong...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So... Is it better to ask permission or forgiveness?

Discuss...

I vote forgiveness but I'm usually wrong...
"If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much easier to apologize than it is to get permission." - Grace Hopper

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Grace_Hopper#section_1

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #30
twobob

My view exactly.

That decides it then. Thanks

Tags
kindle, minecraft, port