Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #61
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
I wonder if "I <3 My Library" requires some other steps like adding to shortlist or doing a search on your library.. In addition to simply adding books.
It doesn't seem to involve doing a search on the library. Not for me, at least.

I'll have to try adding to shortlist.

Still no award as of this reply.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #62
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post

True...but I was grasping at straws. I'm up to 20 days in a row reading on the KT, and nothing yet.

Still don't have BookLover or I ♥ My Library, either. Which is really strange.
War and Peace is not really as big as you might think (1200p).
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #63
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Is this for the Kobo Touch or another device?
Sorry, iOS.
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #64
Anamazgonz
Anamazgonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
LOLZ

Ive got an award no one seems to have seen yet
LOLZ I got it when I made a not in a book and happened to say blah blah lol and boom a little cat award appeared
Anamazgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #65
Anamazgonz

Also the "just the highlights" award
Got it by excessive highlighting I believ 20x is what it took

FYI I'm using the iPhone app
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #66
auriel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamazgonz View Post
Ive got an award no one seems to have seen yet
LOLZ I got it when I made a not in a book and happened to say blah blah lol and boom a little cat award appeared
I got this one today too, I think you have to have LOL in one of your notes. I wrote "LOL interesting analogy, but it works" and it unlocked.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #67
Anamazgonz

I just unlocked

Breakfast of champions
Which is the award for reading 5 times between 5-7am Couldn't have done it with out my five month old little alarm baby hahaha
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamazgonz View Post
Breakfast of champions
Which is the award for reading 5 times between 5-7am Couldn't have done it with out my five month old little alarm baby hahaha
Hmm.. Ok, though I started this thread as a list for confirmed Kobo Touch awards, I guess we can keep track of other devices too.

So far we have confirmed for the iOS:

Breakfast of Champions - I think on the KT this one is Eat It
Deep Thinker
Free Loader
LOLZ
Quoth the Maven

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #69
auriel
Enthusiast

^ Sorry, a couple of us (or maybe mostly me...) kinda derailed the thread a bit. I kinda assumed the awards were the same on every device when I started posting in here.

I can start an iOS list, I have these awards (most of which are the same as KT awards):

Welcome To Reading Life Start using Reading Life
BookLover Sign into Kobo on the device (I think?)
Facebook Connect the Kobo app to your Facebook profile
I <3 My Library Add a couple books to your library
Once Upon A Time Start reading a book
Not An Open Book Finish a book
Pressed For Details Do a long press on a book to see the overview
Scout Leader Earn 10 awards
Highly Decorated Earn 20 awards
Deep Thinker Make a note in a book (I think the note requires a minimum number of characters)
Inverted Comma Highlight a passage
Night Rider Read at night
Word Up Look up 10 words using the built in dictionary
Papillon Make 10 shares to Facebook
Total Recall Read a book twice
Free Loader Add 10 free ebooks to your library
Afternoon Rush Hour Read 5 times between 4pm - 6pm
Happy Hour Read 5 times between 6pm - 8pm
Primetime Read 5 times between 8pm - 10pm
Better In Bed Read 5 times between 10pm - 12am
Witching Hour Read 5 times between 12am - 1am
Sleeping In Read 5 times between 9am - 12pm
I Eat Books For Lunch Read 5 times between 12pm - 2pm
Playing Hooky Read 5 times between 2pm - 4pm
Off The Wall Share your current book to Facebook from the overview (5 times)
Quoth The Maven Highlight a quote and share it to Facebook as a status update (5 times)
All You Can Eat Add 40+ books to your library
Fully Loaded Add a PDF document to your library
Magic Kobo eReader Find the Magic eReader Easter Egg
LOLZ/I Can Haz Ebuk? Make a note that includes LOL in it
Just The Highlights Make 20 highlights
Blinged Out Earn 50 awards
Fangtasia Related to the "Sookie Stackhouse" series, I think...I don't know what I did to get this one

There's also Lost In Austen (read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) and Classic Attack (Read all 5 classics that were preloaded to your library) that are greyed out, I don't have any progress toward those yet.

Last edited by auriel; 11-14-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #70
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have tried the "LOLZ/I Can Haz Ebuk?" on the KT but doesn't seem to work for it. I think I'll try to get the "Lost in Austen" since those 2 books are kepubs and the award is likely to be supported.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #71
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Has anyone earned the Silver or Gold Factory Reset Award?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:36 AM   #72
nutritions
nutritions
nutritions began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi kobo
nutritions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #73
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Has anyone earned the Silver or Gold Factory Reset Award?
Is that for Resetting your Kobo Device or App 5x in a day? LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #74
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
I got the "Lost in Austen" award on the Ipad, but it's the *one* award I can't share on Facebook. And of course, that's the one I want to share. :s
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #75
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgoGirl View Post
I got the "Lost in Austen" award on the Ipad, but it's the *one* award I can't share on Facebook. And of course, that's the one I want to share. :s
How odd.. I wonder what the reasoning is for that..

Tags
awards, reading life, touch