Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
Calvin998
Calvin998 began at the beginning.

Question Does HS support customizing background and font color?

The reason for this is when you read books in dark environment for long time, the screen could be too bright for eyes. You can change that in TiBR, say black background and yellow font size, which is very comfortable for eyes. I didn't find same feature in HS 2.3. Any idea or workaround on this?

Many many thanks!!
Calvin998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Not in HandStory, no. Sorry!
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Calvin998
Calvin998 began at the beginning.

Thanks for confirming it.

BTW, do you think it's a important feature for many people? Someone use colorize to change Palm's background and font as a workaround. However that app doesn't work on my T3 - always crash.

I was trying to find a feedback channel in HS website and ask if they can add this feature. But seems they are not eager to hear from me...
Calvin998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Yeah, you can do the same in the PalmReader with the backgrounds. Personally I've always liked black text on white backgrounds, and when it's too bright, I turn down the brightness. But then, i don't read my PDA for all that long, so it's a hard call.

HandStory has been pretty quiet for a long time. They were purportedly going to have a 3.0 version in the fourth quarter of last year, but nothing surfaced, rumor or otherwise. Not sure with some of the advances of programs like MobiReader for one, that there's still a place in the market for them, unless they get a new version out with some killer stuff, starting with some type of custom script generator. Lots of promise there, but no one I know has been successful with their scripting feature.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote