Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Pocketbook IQ 701

Hi, just ordered my pocket book.

Looking to order an sd card for it so its ready to roll when It arrives. Question is regarding class of card and peoples experiences.

I would like the option to be able to occasionally use it for video playback, is it necessary to get a class 6 card for this to function properly? (this would be with unscaled and non-compressed standard video files).

Reason I ask is because I've seen other hardware struggle for playback when the read/write speeds aren't at their best.

Thanks.
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Hi, just ordered my pocket book.

Looking to order an sd card for it so its ready to roll when It arrives. Question is regarding class of card and peoples experiences.

I would like the option to be able to occasionally use it for video playback, is it necessary to get a class 6 card for this to function properly? (this would be with unscaled and non-compressed standard video files).

Reason I ask is because I've seen other hardware struggle for playback when the read/write speeds aren't at their best.

Thanks.
Hi, Paww. Welcome to the club. I believe I read somewhere on this PocketBook forum that the IQ needs a Class 6 SD card. It supports up to 32GB. I have not attempted any video playback on mine because I'm waiting for my 32GB SD card to arrive in the mail.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
paww
Connoisseur

Thanks speedtouch, certainly living up to your name on response time!

Would be very interesting to find out how yours runs once the card arrives.

This may sound silly, but the retailer I ordered my IQ from states it uses Micro SD which is contradictory to other sources stating SD, can someone please confirm this for me?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Straight SDHC.
My 16GB MicroSDHC works fine in its adapter, though.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
paww
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Straight SDHC.
My 16GB MicroSDHC works fine in its adapter, though.
Thanks jftorres.

Karma for both of you.

I'm keen to get it ordered asap its nice to have this resolved and allay my fears. (as micro are more expensive).
Old 12-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Thanks speedtouch, certainly living up to your name on response time!

Would be very interesting to find out how yours runs once the card arrives.

This may sound silly, but the retailer I ordered my IQ from states it uses Micro SD which is contradictory to other sources stating SD, can someone please confirm this for me?
Haha, you're welcome! I look forward to using my reader when the new 32GB card comes as well. The waiting is killing me!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
paww
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Haha, you're welcome! I look forward to using my reader when the new 32GB card comes as well. The waiting is killing me!
Has the card arrived yet speedtouch? If so, does it help improve video playback performance?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
JOliver13
JOliver13 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Sorry to butt in here, my PocketBook should be arriving on Wednesday. I have an SD card, its a 4GB one that I also use in my camera. Would this be okay for the Pocket Book atleast to get started? I plan on ordering a bigger one but didn't want to try loading apps and such onto this card if it wouldn't work! Thanks in advance!
JOliver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
Griffi
Griffi began at the beginning.

Hi everyone. I have just received my IQ 701. I uploaded books to the folder for books but it looks like there's nothing in the folders. If I open the folders with the PC I can see the uploaded files but when I wanna open with the IQ 701 the folders are empty. They contain pdf, doc, html. But are all invisible... What went wrong?
Griffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Has the card arrived yet speedtouch? If so, does it help improve video playback performance?
I got the SD card a few days ago. I have not tried any video on it yet. I don't even have a video player installed just yet.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #11
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOliver13 View Post
Sorry to butt in here, my PocketBook should be arriving on Wednesday. I have an SD card, its a 4GB one that I also use in my camera. Would this be okay for the Pocket Book atleast to get started? I plan on ordering a bigger one but didn't want to try loading apps and such onto this card if it wouldn't work! Thanks in advance!
I'm sure it'll work. I used an old 1 GB card from my camera until my 32 GB card came in the mail.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffi View Post
Hi everyone. I have just received my IQ 701. I uploaded books to the folder for books but it looks like there's nothing in the folders. If I open the folders with the PC I can see the uploaded files but when I wanna open with the IQ 701 the folders are empty. They contain pdf, doc, html. But are all invisible... What went wrong?
Hello, Griffi, if your experience is similar to mine, that it can be easily solved.

If you use the Pocketbook Library application to access the books, the Library might be set to show shelves instead of folders. Press the menu button, and choose Folders in the settings that appear.

Other than that, I believe that the Books folder is created in both the removable SD card and the internal one, so it might be a good idea to check both locations. I hope one of these will be of help to you.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Anyone else find the IQ to be rather heavy?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
did yours arrive today, tselling? i've been so busy i didnt even send you the number yet!

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 12-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
wow tracking says it did. I dont care what anyone says the US POSTAL service is FAST.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote