Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Just took the plunge

Hi All,

Well time for an announcement. I just minutes ago placed my order for a black PP. My first e-reader. So now I sit here eagerly anticipating its arrival.
I have to say thanks to all of those who posted reviews and answered my questions, made my life easier in trying to make my final decision, especially given this is my first device and I have not seen e-ink in 'the flesh' so to speak.

So, we'll see how long before I get to hold it in my hot little hands
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Congrats!! The Pocket Pro was my first foray into the world of eBooks & eBook readers. After about a week of playing with it, I can say with 100% certitude that I am now hooked & thoroughly happy with my purchase! And the "icing on the cake" has been the excellent support & help provided by all the posters here and RobertB of Astak!

I got the white one, so I haven't experienced any of the not-yet-completely-dried paint bubble issues that those with the color units are experiencing.

Right now I'm starting to play with the different formats for eBooks and doing some converting between formats using Calibre. Thanks to another poster on this forum (can't remember the name ) who posted a converted PDB book to FB2, I am now smitten with the FB2 format!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WooHoo I have a tracking number. I await patiently
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
how many were ebook virgins before the PP?
I was one *raising hand*
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
how many were ebook virgins before the PP?
I was one *raising hand*
*Raise another hand too*
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
me three!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Me four!
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I have also been deflowered by Ms PEZ. that is one talented Liseuse!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I have also been deflowered by Ms PEZ. that is one talented Liseuse!
Of course, those sexy wrinkles...
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Guess that makes me number 6!
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Of course, those sexy wrinkles...
I'm too sexy for my Liseuse
Too sexy for my Liseuse
With her user-replacable caboose!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
I guess I'm one of the "experienced" ones.

Quote:
I'm too sexy for my Liseuse
Too sexy for my Liseuse
With her user-replacable caboose!
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
I guess I'm one of the "experienced" ones.

I HAVE A FAN!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
I HAVE A FAN!!!!!
Who can resist a man on a throne?
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard

Ok I can see where this is going....hmmm!

Well it has only been 5 days (including the weekend) and I'm still excited. I'm like a kid coming up to his/her birthday...time can't move forward quick enough. I want it now!!! Need to keep telling myself "Patience young jedi".