Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #376
Raswan
Raswan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I want change TOC title "Table of Contents" to different language. I have Kindle 3 and when i convert doc to mobi and go to TOC, there is description above chapters "Table of Contents" .Is there a way to change something in macros or configs to change this text ?.Mobicreator and Calibre have this option.Changing this option in Calibre have no effect to conversion in BookCreator.

Sorry for crappy english
Raswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #377
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raswan View Post
I want change TOC title "Table of Contents" to different language. I have Kindle 3 and when i convert doc to mobi and go to TOC, there is description above chapters "Table of Contents" .Is there a way to change something in macros or configs to change this text ?.Mobicreator and Calibre have this option.Changing this option in Calibre have no effect to conversion in BookCreator.

Sorry for crappy english
Not a dig on your English, it wasn't so much the English but the lack of detail that made it difficult to understand.

You repost is clear enough. I did not know this was a feature in Calibre. At the moment BookCreator does not have a GUI interface for this feature however there is a workaround.

In the "Create eBook" dialog box select the "Misc" tab.
There should be a text field called "Additional Programs:"
Add the text --toc-title with the string you wish to enter.

Code:
--toc-title=FooBar
And see if that works

Note if you have spaces in your TOC title make sure to put them in quotes

Code:
--toc-title="Foo Bar"
This command only works for MOBI books.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #378
Raswan

After adding this line , window with "compile error: argument not optional" apeared and MS Visual Basic showing to this:

Private Sub txtAddParam_Change()
setAdditionalParam = txtAddParam.Text
End Sub...

Ok i remove "=" sign as Gazzatron suggested before and everything works fine.

Thank you for advice .

Last edited by Raswan; 03-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #379
tannim
tannim began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital
Sorry took me a while to get back with the forum. work interfering with book tweaking .
Well I'm trying to use the BookCreator_NOIMP.dot as a template for microsoft word 2000. I opened the book that wanting to edit. then with book open Went to Tools>Templates and Addins.. since when unpacked dropped to the the default folder listing there then check both the automatically update document styles and select BookCreator_NOIMP.dot then auto formats but when I try to use any of WrdWrap fix I get the error Compile Error in hidden module: DocumentFormatting. also when I try to use Auto Chapter I get the error Compile Error in hidden module:QuickFormats

another question not sure if can be helped But I the book trying to edit has multiple areas where previously was edited to have words broken (bro-ken) for the wide formatting do you have any idea of how to repair/fix these.
the symbols I was originally seeing when working on different book not seeing them this time around thinking the error probably was between keyboard and the chair again thank you for trying to improve a n00b's understanding on how to get this to function.
tannim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #380
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hello there,

I have just downloaded the latest version of BookCreator. I'm using word 2007. First I have a macro security message, I click on the thing to say I trust the macro and it disappears but if I then open bookcreator.dot from my list of opened files it all works, or at least I get a list of styles which I guess are my html tags.

So... I am about to insert my book into the template. For some reason, the insert bit and the other options are only just showing now 2-5 minute delay I'd guess... not sure if the macro takes a while to run or it's a bizarre glitch but um... there it is...

I know roughly how e-pub and .mobi work, the way I've learned and failed to achieve so far is with something like a website which gets zipped at the end. Do I just edit this as if the whole book is in here. So, for example, should my first page be a blank one with the cover picture placed on it or am I able to add a cover later? I am guessing I could add covers in calibre right? or am I way off beam. What I am trying to achieve is a decent epub file which I can upload to goodreads.

My computer is a lap top running the lite version of vista Windows starter I think it's called and Word 2007...

Am I right to assume that when I've opened it, do I just apply the styles to the bits of text I'd like to tag? It looks like I'm going to like this, when I get my head round it but I'm such a dunderhead... sigh.

Sorry, I know I'm being dense but I take to word like a duck to quantum physics and I don't seem to understand coding any more...

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 03-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #381
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannim View Post
Sorry took me a while to get back with the forum. work interfering with book tweaking .
Well I'm trying to use the BookCreator_NOIMP.dot as a template for microsoft word 2000. I opened the book that wanting to edit. then with book open Went to Tools>Templates and Addins.. since when unpacked dropped to the the default folder listing there then check both the automatically update document styles and select BookCreator_NOIMP.dot then auto formats but when I try to use any of WrdWrap fix I get the error Compile Error in hidden module: DocumentFormatting. also when I try to use Auto Chapter I get the error Compile Error in hidden module:QuickFormats

another question not sure if can be helped But I the book trying to edit has multiple areas where previously was edited to have words broken (bro-ken) for the wide formatting do you have any idea of how to repair/fix these.
the symbols I was originally seeing when working on different book not seeing them this time around thinking the error probably was between keyboard and the chair again thank you for trying to improve a n00b's understanding on how to get this to function.
Well it looks like your knowledge of the tool is getting better so good job on that.

I don't have Word 2000, but I suspect the issue you are having might be due to Word 2000 vs Word 2003 problem. The Macros where written for 2003 and up. Again I'm guessing since I don't have 2000 to test with.

The "-" fix is a hard problem to solve automatically since there is no hard fast rule for using the "-". The way I usually handle this is by running a search and replace, yeah I know it's a pain, but it's the most reliable way to remove the unwanted "-".
Old 03-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #382
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M T McGuire View Post
Hello there,

I have just downloaded the latest version of BookCreator. I'm using word 2007. First I have a macro security message, I click on the thing to say I trust the macro and it disappears but if I then open bookcreator.dot from my list of opened files it all works, or at least I get a list of styles which I guess are my html tags.

So... I am about to insert my book into the template. For some reason, the insert bit and the other options are only just showing now 2-5 minute delay I'd guess... not sure if the macro takes a while to run or it's a bizarre glitch but um... there it is...

I know roughly how e-pub and .mobi work, the way I've learned and failed to achieve so far is with something like a website which gets zipped at the end. Do I just edit this as if the whole book is in here. So, for example, should my first page be a blank one with the cover picture placed on it or am I able to add a cover later? I am guessing I could add covers in calibre right? or am I way off beam. What I am trying to achieve is a decent epub file which I can upload to goodreads.

My computer is a lap top running the lite version of vista Windows starter I think it's called and Word 2007...

Am I right to assume that when I've opened it, do I just apply the styles to the bits of text I'd like to tag? It looks like I'm going to like this, when I get my head round it but I'm such a dunderhead... sigh.

Sorry, I know I'm being dense but I take to word like a duck to quantum physics and I don't seem to understand coding any more...

Cheers

MTM
Hi @MT McGuire,
Your doing just fine no need to beat yourself up. One thing I recommend is do not open up the template "dot" file but open up a new document from the template. The reason is if you open up the template you are actually modifying the template.

The BC is built for 2003, though it works on 2007, but there are known issues. I currently am writing a 2007 version that will work w/o any problems. So if you have any issues with BC it's not you .

Adding Coverpage:
In the "Addin.." tab there is a set of buttons created by BookCreator. The button is "Create eBook". This will open up a dialog box. At the bottom of the dialog box there is a <Cover Page...> button. Click on this button to add a cover page.

Time Issue:
I don't have a clue. I know that Word 2007 was taking a while to load my BC 2003 template, but once loaded the template worked great.

=X=
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #383
RachDvn
RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Is it the program or me?

I apologize if I'm being simple minded...but I'm completely baffled by this tool. I’ve never used templates or macros before, so this is new to me. My intent is to use this tool to turn personal docs into cleaned up MOBI files.

I’m running Windows XP and Word 2003. I have the latest version of Calibre installed (0.7.48). I've downloaded and unzipped the “BookCreator_v3.0_NO-IMP” file and saved it to my desktop. I’ve also loaded this file into the Application Data/Microsoft/Templates folder, but opening a blank doc and loading the template produces identical results as double-clicking the file from my desktop.

When I double-click the file from my desktop, it opens Word, but I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, with the exception of one green and black button for “Read”. I’ve attached a screen shot of my toolbar, and as you can see it looks quite different than the link from post #83 of this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1225345308

What on earth am I missing?? What am I supposed to do next? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!

~Rach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BookCreator scrn shot.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	68099  
RachDvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #384
robijunior
robijunior began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hi @MT McGuire,
The BC is built for 2003, though it works on 2007, but there are known issues. I currently am writing a 2007 version that will work w/o any problems. So if you have any issues with BC it's not you .
=X=
First let me just say: great job.

Second: will/can you make a version that will work on 64bit MS Word 2010?

Robert
robijunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #385
jodykihara
Author
jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jodykihara has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle reader for PC
I've only just discovered this tool and have yet to use it (did my first 3 e-books in Dreamweaver, but am only now learning there's a lot more to formatting a Kindle book) -- looking forward to all the time it will save for my next e-book!
THANK YOU for giving us this tool!
jodykihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #386
RachDvn
RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ok, feeling pretty stupid... It dawned on me today that I hadn't checked my Toolbars list. SO I did, and sure enough, BookCreator is listed, but not selected. Now I see my buttons and have played. Hooray!

A new question though...is there a way to change the default syntax for file naming and author detection? I prefer my files to be named "Title - Author" and BookCreator uses "Author - Title". Also, when the Author is not listed WITHIN the document (only in the file name) BookCreator uses my computer name for the Author field rather than any part of the file name. Any way to change these things?

Thanks!
~Rach
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #387
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodykihara View Post
I've only just discovered this tool and have yet to use it (did my first 3 e-books in Dreamweaver, but am only now learning there's a lot more to formatting a Kindle book) -- looking forward to all the time it will save for my next e-book!
THANK YOU for giving us this tool!
@jodykihara Thanks for the kind word, don't hesitate to ask any for help or even let us know how the eBook process went.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #388
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachDvn View Post
Ok, feeling pretty stupid... It dawned on me today that I hadn't checked my Toolbars list. SO I did, and sure enough, BookCreator is listed, but not selected. Now I see my buttons and have played. Hooray!

A new question though...is there a way to change the default syntax for file naming and author detection? I prefer my files to be named "Title - Author" and BookCreator uses "Author - Title". Also, when the Author is not listed WITHIN the document (only in the file name) BookCreator uses my computer name for the Author field rather than any part of the file name. Any way to change these things?

Thanks!
~Rach
Hi Rach,
No there is no automated way to do it. Currently you have to manually update the file name field yourself to change the name.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into adding a toggle button next to the filename to toggle the File name (e.g. Author - Book Title vs Book Title - Author.

=X=
Old 03-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #389
RachDvn

Thanks X, that would be appreciated! It would also be helpful to have the author sort be optional, so that instead of "Last, First" you could choose "First Last". Also, while in the "Create eBook" window, if you manually tweak the Title or Author, it would be great if the information could be updated when you tab into the filename field. Even better would be for it to just copy the filename of the saved doc, rather than creating the filename from the metadata.

Thanks very much,
~Rach

Last edited by RachDvn; 03-15-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #390
Raswan

Is possible to change identation between Chapter title and Chapter subtitle appearing in TOC? In Kindle is ident too big.

Last edited by Raswan; 07-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.