Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
murphycc
murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murphycc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Embed images in .mobi file instead of web links?

I have been using Calibre for several years, but am stumped by this one.

I saved several web pages (html only, not 'complete') and created an ebook with them in .epub format. I converted to .mobi format via Calibre. The in-book images show up just fine on the Calibre viewer, but they do not show up on my Kindle.

I think this is because the images are links to the web. The Calibre viewer must pull them in (which would explain why it says 'loading flow' for several minutes), but the Kindle does not -- which is not something I would want anyhow... I want to read with wifi off.

Question: Is it possible that Calibre can pull in local copies of these images from their web links into the final .mobi file during conversion? Or am I stuck having to re-download my web pages and say 'save complete' in Firefox?

-Chris
murphycc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to save as complete.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert