Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
de Maistre, Xavier: Voyage autour de ma chambre (French / Français). v1.0, 2008 02 06

le Voyage autour de ma chambre by Xavier de Maistre (in French).

It is the text from
http://www.gloubik.info/demaistre/vo...a-chambre.html
including the illustrations. I added a linked TOC (not sure it was worth it for such a short text, but just in case).

/!\ This text has a terrifying amount of ocr errors ; i did a spell check and corrected as many as i could (dozens, seriously, if not hundreds) while skimming through it, however i am sure there are still many which i did not see. if you find any (or better yet, if you have the original text and can proof-read it), please let me know, i will correct them.

From wikipedia :
French summary
le Voyage autour de ma chambre, écrit en 1794, récit de forme autobiographique qui raconte les arrêts d'un jeune officier, contraint à rester dans sa chambre pendant quarante-deux jours, et que son frère fait publier, alors que lui-même n'en voyait pas l'intérêt. Il détourne le genre du récit de voyage, ce qui donne à ce roman une dimension clairement parodique, mais annonce aussi les bouleversements du romantisme, avec l'intérêt constant apporté au moi. Le Voyage est remarquable de par sa légèreté, et la fantaisie avec laquelle l'auteur s'y joue de son lecteur, dans la lignée de Laurence Sterne.

English summary
Voyage autour de ma chambre (1794), a parody set in the tradition of the grand travel narrative, is an autobiographical account of how a young official, imprisoned in his room for six weeks, describes the customs, furniture, engravings, etc, as if it were a voyage to a strange land. He praises this voyage because it does not cost anything, for this reason it is strongly recommended to the poor, the infirm, and the lazy. His room is a long square, and the perimeter is thirty-six paces. He travels rarely in a straight line; from the table he goes towards the corner, and then obliquely to the door, but while he initially intended to return to the table, should an armchair be found en route, he settles down on it immediately, and falls into a reverie. Later, proceeding North, he encounters his bed... Continuing in this lighthearted vein Voyage is remarkable for its play with the reader's imagination, along the lines of Laurence Sterne, whom Xavier admired. Xavier did not think much of Voyage, but his brother Joseph had it published.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp de Maistre Xavier Voyage autour de ma chambre.imp (754.7 KB, 659 views)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 05-14-2008 at 10:01 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
français, french language, french novels, travelogues, unutterable silliness