Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Starting server?

I am running Win 7 with a Linksys Router (WRT54G),when I try to start Calibre's server I get the following message "calibre, version 0.8.50
ERROR: Failed to start content server: IOError("Port 8080 not bound on '192.168.1.100'",) anybody with any suggestions? I have been scanning forums but can't find any specific help.
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sounds like another program is running and already has port 8080 open.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moketa View Post
I am running Win 7 with a Linksys Router (WRT54G),when I try to start Calibre's server I get the following message "calibre, version 0.8.50
ERROR: Failed to start content server: IOError("Port 8080 not bound on '192.168.1.100'",) anybody with any suggestions? I have been scanning forums but can't find any specific help.
Get TCPVIEW from Microsoft (formerly from SysInternals) for a graphical, real time view of your TCP connections (ports)

But for a Quick and Dirty just set another port.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Get TCPVIEW from Microsoft (formerly from SysInternals) for a graphical, real time view of your TCP connections (ports)

But for a Quick and Dirty just set another port.
Or open an elevated command prompt and run "netstat -anb" to see a list of all open ports and sockets and their associated processes (the "n" parameter just skips DNS name resolution, since you don't care about that). Look to see if something's already listening on 8080, and if so either close that, change the port for that app, or change the port in calibre.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote