Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sell Kindle, buy Sony - job done.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #17
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post

........... On the Sony devices it IS possible to get collections in series order when loading the books via Calibre and I make heavy use of this capbility......

Can you explain how to do this in fairly simple terms please?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #18
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Can you explain how to do this in fairly simple terms please?
1. connect Sony to PC.
2, send books from calibre to Sony
3. Er - That's It! - books appear in series order.

NB
I have "metamanagement" set to auto in send books preferences.
I have the series column populated in calibre.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
1. connect Sony to PC.
2, send books from calibre to Sony
3. Er - That's It! - books appear in series order.

NB
I have "metamanagement" set to auto in send books preferences.
I have the series column populated in calibre.
Thanks for the reply; I've done all that and the books are shown properly as a series, but NOT in series order. It's the series order I can't seem to grasp.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Thanks for the reply; I've done all that and the books are shown properly as a series, but NOT in series order. It's the series order I can't seem to grasp.
IIRC, the T1 has several different sort orders that can be displayed, one of which is "Added order" (or something like that). Display your series collections using that order and it will be displayed by series index.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
cybmole
Wizard

mine are always shown in series order. I use a PRS650 not a T1. because mine has "never broke" I can't tell you what to fix, but

there'll be a setting somewhere, that someone will know how to tweak to fix things for you - I'm sure
Old 02-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #22
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
IIRC, the T1 has several different sort orders that can be displayed, one of which is "Added order" (or something like that). Display your series collections using that order and it will be displayed by series index.
Thank you! Sorting on Added Order is the key. To me that's not a very intuitive description of how that sorts.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a pretty detailed description of using Jackie_W plugboard to not only sort your books but to display series info on T1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=mikeloftus

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=device_db
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
There is a pretty detailed description of using Jackie_W plugboard to not only sort your books but to display series info on T1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=mikeloftus

and

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=device_db
Thanks for that information. I'll need to read it a few more times to grasp the concepts and how to apply them.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Thank you! Sorting on Added Order is the key. To me that's not a very intuitive description of how that sorts.
That is because Sony doesn't actually understand sorting a series by a series number. So Calibre fakes it by adding them in the correct order (or setting the added order metadata) so the Sony sort by Added Order does what we want it to do.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote