Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Huge success: prediction Color Nook will sell big!

The Color Nook will be a huge success.

Discuss.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
If it works nice and snappy and not laggy and if they market this beyond in store guerilla marketing, IOWs' run some commericial spots

then Yes I think this has the potential to be a HUGE hit.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I don't think so. The original nook had a sweet position as second place among ereaders with plenty of buzz. This new Nook is just another Android tablet. Since the market will soon be flooded with them (including one at walgreens selling for $99), I think this will not only be a disaster, I think it will drag the original nook down as well by diluting the brand. HUGE marketing mistake.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stealth Android tablet...

This has the chops to be the stealth Android tablet that will be hacked in seconds.

I doubt that they will be able to keep up with the demand.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I hope so because B&N could certainly use a hit, but I'm not sure how much color appeals to readers who won't have much use of it. I'm excited to see how it turns out though!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
I hope so because B&N could certainly use a hit, but I'm not sure how much color appeals to readers who won't have much use of it. I'm excited to see how it turns out though!
People who read eInk are in the minority. Given a choice, the average consumer will prefer a color reader.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Seems Pandigital has gone the other way and moved from lcd to an epaper screen.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
mcooke66
Connoisseur
mcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook ST - Nook 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
People who read eInk are in the minority. Given a choice, the average consumer will prefer a color reader.
Yep

This is the mass market reader many have been waiting for. IF it works well and they keep exapanding the content this could be a killer entry into the mix.
mcooke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
@tubemonkey: a color reader is heavy on the eyes if it's an LCD. I for one prefer eInk for reading.
@detayls: Nook Color will not be a huge success. In fact, it won't be of any success at all. It's just another Androit tablet (as someone has already posted before me). Nothing to make it differ from the other 9384 Android tablets out there. Amazon must be still laughing since Nook Color was first unveiled.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
detayls
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypresstwist View Post
@tubemonkey: a color reader is heavy on the eyes if it's an LCD. I for one prefer eInk for reading.
@detayls: Nook Color will not be a huge success. In fact, it won't be of any success at all. It's just another Androit tablet (as someone has already posted before me). Nothing to make it differ from the other 9384 Android tablets out there. Amazon must be still laughing since Nook Color was first unveiled.
Let's revisit this in 6 months. If I was a gambling man I would have a huge $$$ bet with you. Luckily for you I am not.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So do I (for reading novels); but I'll be danged if I'm going to read National Geographic on a B&W reader.

People want color for their magazines, newspapers, comics, childrens books, textbooks, Wikipedia, etc.

eInk for novels and color for everything else.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #12
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Quote:
The market for this (the general public) has not a clue that there are even 10 Android tablets, much less 9384. They know Kindle, Nook, iPad, period.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by BexBits View Post
The market for this (the general public) has not a clue that there are even 10 Android tablets, much less 9384. They know Kindle, Nook, iPad, period.
yes 10 Android Tablest running on an old android firmware, slow processor's and basic TFT specs.

There's a reason they are sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and Kohls.

Specs wise, the Nook color is a bona fide high end device.
1024 x 600 resolution
LG IPS panal
Android 2.1
OMAP 3621 processor

The android tablets you are reffering to would be like a Voire or Sanyo TV compared to a Samsung or in this case an LG TV.

see what I mean?

Last edited by boswd; 10-28-2010 at 03:32 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
Nokia179
Nokia179 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
you sure its an Ips panal? I would think BN would use TN so save money and make it cheaper.

link to where you found those spec?
Nokia179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia179 View Post
you sure its an Ips panal? I would think BN would use TN so save money and make it cheaper.

link to where you found those spec?
It's definitely IPS. They went high end on the display.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookco...?cds2Pid=35607