Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
qwertycz
qwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle touch
VNDS Interpreter for KT

VNDS
Hi, this my first post here on mobiread.

Visual novels are type of japanese computer games (sort of). Its bunch of pictures, sounds and text presented in right order, and in right time u can alter story by making a choice. Since it isnt really comfortable to play these on your computer, some guy named Jake developed DS program and way to make these games more compact.

And this is it. I made VNDS interpreter for kindle touch, some of it is in javascript , audio in c.

===DISCLAIMER===
I developed and tested it on KT version 5.3.2 and later on 5.3.2.1
other versions can differ from what it should look like and work.
Also i didnt bricked kindle in process, but it can happen since kindles bricking themselves even without any modifications.

===INSTALATION===
download VNDS 1.0
extract zip to your root directory

===GAMES===
1. find your game, take android optimized version since i didnt tested DS ones
2. put everything in extensions/VNDS/files/games/yourgamename/
3. extract zip files in game directory to their coresponding directories
background.zip => background/
sound.zip => sound/
foreground.zip => foreground/
script.zip => script/
4. continue with step 1 for another game

===???===

Moderator notice: Image link altered to point to a smaller version of the image which doesn't screw up horizontal alignment. --ixtab

===PROFIT===
Enjoy.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.
qwertycz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Looks cool.

Link to some legal games? Assuming such a thing exists.

Or is it abandonware land...

I'll check it out later.

Nice start!

Welcome aboard
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
qwertycz
qwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchforkqwertycz can load mercury with a pitchfork

I think this is greyzone, since it have android application which nobody shut down.

Some games can be downloaded here.

I think Saya no uta is a good to begin with (short, only few hours of reading, small number of choices)

And you can google for converters if you are owner of a game and then its almost legal, if u dont mind that part about altering someone software.

Sorry for my language im not from english speaking country.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah yes. If you own the original roms, indeed good point.

That's fine then.

Excellent work on this.

Many thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
twobob

NOTE: this currently has NO exit strategy on a PAPERWHITE...

(and no audio output obviously)

Last edited by twobob; 04-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
twobob

Okay so.. V0.4 of the KUAL launcher will struggle with this as it has HUGE subdirs.

The upcoming new version will handle it fine.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
twobob

Suggestion for improvement to file handling.

Since the games for this are HUGE. and the actual speed of file access if relatively low...

Why not offer the option to 7z THE ENTIRE game folder "AS-IS" and a layer that zips/unzips through that. level 5 or 6 compression would probably do wonders for the storage requirements and not overly tax the processor.

I could find/build a 7z for arm no sweat.

Just a thought.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
qwertycz

I can xcompile too, but can you access the files via mounting.

Because audio needs mp3/ogg and javascript needs pictures and scripts, it needs to be done in both.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #9
pumpkinpbk
pumpkinpbk began at the beginning.

great work!!!
visual novel can be played wonderfully in my KT,with image dialog and audio, it's like my kt had just updated to 6.0.0
pumpkinpbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
SZERO
SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.SZERO is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Great Job,I always think kindle is very suitable for galgames,and I have transfer aac to ogg then the NDS version can be run on it.But there appears too many files,such like the sounds,so is it possible to pack them?Just like the onscripter:all files instead texts can be packed in to an arc.nsa file and all texts can be packed to a nscript.dat file.
SZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
games, kindle, touch, vnds, waf