Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Woodssi
Enthusiast
Woodssi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2)
Getting my Collections to show in order?

Hi All,

First post, so please be gentle....

I have several different Collections in my Calibre Library, and all are numbered appropriately (i.e James Bond - 14 of).

I have the Kindle Collections plug-in also, which works a treat, but when I move them onto my reader they do not show in the mumbered order that they should.

I tried the UK Kindle forum but nobody could provide a solution.

I'll no doubt be doing something wrong, can anyone point out how I can rectify this?

Thanking you in advance.

Woodssi
Woodssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Look in here, there should be one that you can use to get what you wish. If you have any questions about them, post them there.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Woodssi
Enthusiast

for the reply.

I chose this one, as it seemed closest to what I was trying to achieve: -

format: mobi
device: kindle2
template: {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
destination: title

Question now is, will this automatically update when I next plug in my Kindle, or do I need to amend my existing books for this to work?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Have you looked at the publication dates of your books? To have my book series be in the correct order on my kindle the pub dates must be sequential. I pick a year for each series and start the series in Jan 1 of that year, the second book in Feb 1, ect. Works just fine. All my series show in the correct order on my kindle. Wish there was a plugin to alter pub date by series number though.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Woodssi
Enthusiast

How can I amend this line of coding:-

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

to give me the output:-

Title(no space)no space)Series(no space)no space)Series Index

I tried just moving the {title} to the front, but I get an error message which say's it's no correct.

Anyone?
Old 02-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodssi View Post

I tried just moving the {title} to the front, but I get an error message which say's it's no correct.

Anyone?
Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s||}{title}
This should eliminate the series stuff when no series
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Woodssi
Enthusiast

Red face

It does, but still shows as the Series first...

I'm looking for Title to be first, THEN Series and the Index thereafter.

Sorry for the trouble.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

It would be helpful to provide the error message.

I think you want this:
{title}{series|:|:}{series_index:0>2s}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
Woodssi
Enthusiast

I amended to this - {title}{series}{series_index:0>2s|:|}

This gives me the correct order, but not the colon between Title & Series.

Message I get is 'The Template is Invalid. Invalid conversion specification'.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Message I get is 'The Template is Invalid. Invalid conversion specification'.
What version of calibre are you running? Your template works for me on calibre 0.8.41.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
Woodssi
Enthusiast

I'm using 0.8.41

The Template is valid, but doesn't show a colon between Title & Series... only between Series & S Index.
It shows T & S with no character, nor space beween.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The Template is valid, but doesn't show a colon between Title & Series... only between Series & S Index.
It shows T & S with no character, nor space beween.
Where did you get the error message you mentioned ('The Template is Invalid. Invalid conversion specification')?

Regarding colons, your template only says to put colons between series and series index. It does not say to put a colon between title and series. To add the missing colon, you would need to put |:| in the series part just as you did in the series_index part.

Did you try the template I supplied in post #8?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
Woodssi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Regarding colons, your template only says to put colons between series and series index. It does not say to put a colon between title and series. To add the missing colon, you would need to put |:| in the series part just as you did in the series_index part.
Yikes, schoolboy error on my part...

{title}{series:|:|}{series_index:0>2s|:|} does the trick.

Many thanks for your patience, and prodding in the right direction.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Woodssi
Enthusiast

Ohhhhhhhhh, FFS !!!!!

Dam & Blast, I'm sure this thing has been sent to test me.

Okay, having sorted out the titling (as above), I am now trying to show the books in Order that they were Published.

I have updated all my 201 titles (hours of my life I'd like back, please), and Sync'd my Kindle......

When I fired the thing up, however, it now shows me all Titles in the REVERSE ORDER of publication:-

Sorting by Author, it shows:-

The Lucifer Code (Book 2 in the Thomas Lourds Series) Charles Brokaw
The Atlantis Code (Book 1.....)

The Lost Symbol (Book 3 in the Robert Langdon Series) Dan Brown
Da Vinci Code (Book 2....)
Deception Point (No Series)
Angels & Demons (Book 1....)
Digital Fortress (No Series)

You get the point, so WHY does its show in this Order and WHAT can I do to sort this out (before I rip out the scant remains of my hair)?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #15
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Your choices for sorting on the Kindle are:
(1) Sort by "Author" within a collection. This will display in reversed published date order as you found.
(2) Sort by "Title" within a collection. Use a metadata plugboard so that the title has the series information preceded before it (not after it in your example above). That way the alphabetic sorting will display in ascending series order for books that are in a series.

Them's your choices.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote