Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Kindle Voyage Page/Location touch problem/question

Hello,

I just got my Voyager this evening and have a troubleshooting question. I also own a PW2 and noticed they both behave differently. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

On the PW2 at the bottom of each page when reading you can tap and it will show Page/Location/Time in Chapter/Book or nothing with each tap on the screen.

On my new Voyager this is not always the case. After going into the reading progress menu and starting with Location in Book, it appears. Sometimes I can tap repeatedly on the bottom and it will sometime cycle through the options ending with None (where there is book progress information at the bottom of the page). It does not continue after the none setting and I have to return to the menu to start the cycle again.

With the PW2 I never have to go to the menu, the cycle works seamlessly. My question is are others experiencing this or is it possible there is a problem with mine.

Every thing else on the Voyager is working Perfect and I am very happy. I am only concerned that this is supposed to work and it is not. When I set it up this afternoon it did the the firmware update to 5.6.1.0.5.

I am tech savvy and have never seen this. If they all respond in the same fashion, I am happy. If not, I am deeply concerned.

Thank you all for your input.

Addition: After posting this, it appeared to be working as the PW2, but stopped. Could it be some form of indexing and its busy processing data? It is just out of the box.

Last edited by solitarywolf; 03-11-2015 at 01:22 AM. Reason: More information
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the tapping method of doing this is very flaky on the Voyage. Use the menu item for it, which is 100% reliable. What you're seeing is absolutely normal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #3
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Harry,

If *THE* answer I was hoping to hear was from anyone it is you. Thank you for your input. I have read many of your posts since I joined and regard your input to the commmunity as very valuable. Thank you!

As this is a "feature" of the Voyager, I can live with it. (insert Sigh of relief)

I am enjoying my new Voyager even more so than when I saw it in a brick and mortar store (Best Buy). As their unit is tied to those cables and platforms that never truly give one the REAL experience of holding one.

Thank you very much again.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
For me what works better than tapping is flicking up from the bezel, just a tad though or you'll bring up the slider. Like a very small swipe up. Into the area or text. Its flaky on my Voyage too, but this seems to work for me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
It is called the Voyage, not the Voyager.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
For me what works better than tapping is flicking up from the bezel, just a tad though or you'll bring up the slider. Like a very small swipe up. Into the area or text. Its flaky on my Voyage too, but this seems to work for me.
If you find exactly the right spot to tap on (about 2cm in from the left edge of the screen) it works fine, but it's not easy to find, because there's nothing there visually to indicate where to tap. That's why I say that, for me, using the "Reading Progress" menu item is easier.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker

Atunah, the flicking works perfectly! Thank you!

My apologies Susan_Cassidy. You are correct. It is a Voyage. I am a bit over zealous in my naming convention. Thank you for the error correction.

Last edited by solitarywolf; 03-11-2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 03-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Good to hear the discussion -- I've played with that screen area, but not *quite* enough to realize it was flakey. Now I'll be careful, and insist that it behave for me. I'll try the swiping or flicking. I might try the menu thing too, except that I can never remember where to find things on which menu!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's on the menu you get while reading a book. Near the bottom.