Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
randyharris
randyharris began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nhy does the screen flash on when sleeping?

1) With firmware 1.4 I would sometimes notice that when my nook was in sleep mode, the screen and I think the touch screen would flash on for a second. I never tried to measure the time frame, but say every hour or two.

I always felt this was somewhat of a drain on the battery, is it checking for new content or something?

2) Does anybody know if this behavior is still present with 1.5?

Thanks!
randyharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Checking for periodical (newspapers, etc) updates?

There was a comment in the "1.5 is here" thread hoping the feature had been changed for better battery life, since there should be no need for the screens to be activated to check for "stuff" automatically.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert