Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
sam_dee
sam_dee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Phantom Returns (Based on The Phantom of the Opera)

What happens when the Phantom decides to return? A book published by Lily Shana. For more details, please visit www.ThePhantomReturns.com

Preview

The Phantom Returns
By Lily Shana

Prologue

Narrator:

“When Christine first met the Phantom, she was scared. Well, most people would also be scared if they looked at the Phantom. Anyway, Christine has been away from the Phantom for a very long time. She is starting to forget his face, but the Phantom has never forgotten hers. He still remembers when Christine was his. All his! He remembers all.

How he kidnapped her down underneath the Opera house;
The way she gasped in terror when she saw his true face;
The look of horror mingled with fear within her eyes;
The way their voices were in harmony when she sang with him;

He remembers when Raoul tried to take his Christine away from him. He remembers feeling relish when he saw Raoul and the Persian stuck in the chamber. Their screams of pain were something that no one could forget after all.He remembers the agony that he felt when he let Christine go away with Raoul. That was where she belonged after all.

Most of all, he remembered her promise that she would come and bury him when he had died. Just her and no one else! He also remembered the ring that he gave her. The ring that she was supposed to keep with her at all times.

Now, in the present, he was growing old.

The time had come for him to send for her, for her to be there when he died.

Yes, the time had come…”

www.ThePhantomReturns.com
sam_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Darn! I thought this was going to be an ebook based off of Andrew Llyods Webbers' sequel to Phantom of the Opera

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/10/0...-island-40419/

Still might be good though. Might look into it..thank you
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
sam_dee

This is based on the author's own imagination of what happens next. Thanks for your response. In case if you liked the PREVIEW (in that site) and happen to buy the book, please post your reviews on the book's link in Amazon.

Thanks Again!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_dee View Post
This is based on the author's own imagination of what happens next. Thanks for your response. In case if you liked the PREVIEW (in that site) and happen to buy the book, please post your reviews on the book's link in Amazon.

Thanks Again!

Full disclosure, please.

Let us know if you are the author, or affiliated with the author, or if you have something to do with that website. Otherwise, this comes across as blatant advertising, rather than a recommendation to our community of readers.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
sam_dee

I am not the author, but I do know the author. Please suggest what do I need to do?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_dee View Post
I am not the author, but I do know the author. Please suggest what do I need to do?

What you just did was all that was required.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Only at Amazon store? I have a Kindle but I don't buy from the Amazon store. Is it available anywhere else?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
sam_dee

Let me know where else it needs to be available. I can inform the author about that.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Smashwords is probably the best bet for making sure all readers can access it...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
sam_dee

This book available FREE for a limited time in smashwords.com. It has been re-formatted to fit the eBOOK format and proof-read.

Click the following link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14852

Enter the Coupon Code: VP87T

If you could post your feedback about the book, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam Dee
Old 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

You are the Publisher of this title and you should have disclosed that.

Our Members do not like it when there is no full disclosure.

You should have been forthcoming about your connection with this title when I questioned you about it.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 05-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
sam_dee

I am not the publisher. I am encouraging a Minor (Lily Shana, an eighth grader) to get into Book Writing. Since she being a minor, she is unable to create an account in AMAZON or SMASHWORDS. So I am helping her.

She owns all the publishing rights and every aspects of the book.

I have written a book too. But I haven't mentioned it here as per your rules.

Please visit

http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Lit...4466267&sr=8-1

to see my book.

Thanks

Sam Dee
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

When one goes to the Smashwords website it says "Sam Dee - Publisher."

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something?

Don
(Moderator)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

On another note, you may certainly create a separate Thread mentioning your book.

Let the Thread grow naturally as Members post and if you decide to thank them, or if you decide to comment to them about their comments on your book(s).

What we do NOT encourage is the bumping of one's Thread and the blatant spamming of one's book(s).

Don
(Moderator)
Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #15
sam_dee

I do apologize for the confusion. I sm yet to grasp the full details about the difference between the publisher and author. Especially with eBooks, I think the Author as the full owner.

I will consider a separate thread as you suggested.

Sam...

Tags
phantom, phantom of the opera, phantom returns, return of the phantom