Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
bonacker
Connoisseur
bonacker began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 10, 11th Gen.
Basic Kindle and correct time

My basic Kindle is still on Standard Time. Isn't it supposed to sync with a time server (or some Kindle equivalent)? How often does it do this? I have had WiFi on for 10 minutes or so at a time for several periods since Daylight Savings began.

I think there is a way to set the time manually using a command in the search text input field, but I expected this wouldn't be necessary.
bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My K3 changed some time today But then I had mine WiFi on for about an hour download books.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA </nervousgiggle> </moan>

Ok I feel marginally better now.

As a fellow Kindle owner who is also irritated by its date management -- treat the Kindle like an analog watch and set the time yourself, plus extra points when you reset it after a reboot. Maybe if you're lucky you can even forget the fact that you shouldn't have to do that yourself.

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-09-2015 at 10:04 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #4
bonacker
Connoisseur
bonacker began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD 10, 11th Gen.
Update: I did a ;setTime after it still had not changed to DST after 3 days. It accepted the new time, but then at some point over the next day it *reverted* to standard time. I just set it again to the correct DST. This time I set it with WiFi on if that would make any difference. Any guesses why it reverted?
bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
uuuh, if by 'basic kindle' you mean the k4 then just check out the relevent settings option.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote