Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Motomaggot
I'll always be a newb
Motomaggot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Touch
Found duplicates - but how to remove?

I have 7000 plus books and used the find duplicates to find all the duplicates, but not I cant seem to find a way to remove them automatically. Do I have to go line by line to remove them?

Matthew
Motomaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomaggot View Post
I have 7000 plus books and used the find duplicates to find all the duplicates, but not I cant seem to find a way to remove them automatically. Do I have to go line by line to remove them?

Matthew
Yes (or merge them if they are different formats that you want to keep)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
you can use the control key to select multiple books.
Hold control and click on books.
I usually look at them first to see which I want to keep and if possible I merge but if you are in a big hurry then the control key method will make it faster.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Sometimes it can be useful to mark all the books, ie a column tick or something.
Then restrict the sort to that.
Then you can sort again on size or format, date etc, to make selecting books (Shift+Click) easier but it really depends on the books

Make sure you know the short cut keys for advancing to the next entry in the duplicate plugin, as that can also speed things up if doing it that way.

Don't forget to try the fuzzy search and other options, as you probably have more duplicates than you think
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Motomaggot
I'll always be a newb
Motomaggot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Touch
This is really a mess. I would think that the binary duplicate options would be fine but I was hoping the list would allow me to search and then just delete all the dups.

Thanks guys, time to spend two days getting my library back to normal.

Matthew
Motomaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Took me two months. But I have no life.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Took me two months. But I have no life.

Helen
But there is no dust in your Library now
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I just cleaned out a load of duplicates this evening, and I can guarantee if there had been an easier / more automatic way to clear out the dupes, I would have erred badly. The "bad" ones were not the ones I thought they'd be.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote