Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
lcd
lcd began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
BEBOOK reader, 25 euro discount

When ordering the bebook reader online (link), there is an immediate 25 euro discount if you enter this email address in the coupon/discount section:
amazingbebook@hotmail.com

The price includes free shipping, case, etc. and with the discount it is considerably more affordable than many competing readers.
lcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Unfortunately it seems it doesn't support the Mobi format and neither ZIP/RAR files, as similar Heinlein V3 does, for example.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 AM   #3
lcd
lcd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Unfortunately it seems it doesn't support the Mobi format and neither ZIP/RAR files, as similar Heinlein V3 does, for example.
I haven't heard much about the Heinlein, do you know the website for it?
lcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I think that was supposed to be the Hanlin v3.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Oooops, that's right.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

25€ discount

Hey folks,

here is a new coupon code, if the above doesn't work:

Code:
autoresponder@freemail.hu
This gives you an immediate 25€ discount, so the BeBook reader will cost you only 315€ (including Leather case, USB cable, User Manual, Earphone, world-wide shipping).
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Btw: http://mybebook.com/free_bebook.html
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:42 AM   #8
lynneduncan
lynneduncan began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Smile Money off your Bebook

If you enter an email address of a person that has bought a Bebook and registered it you get 25 euros off your order. It works, I tried it with an email I found on here. My email is Lynneajolly@hotmail.com if you wish to use it
lynneduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcd View Post
When ordering the bebook reader online (link), there is an immediate 25 euro discount if you enter this email address in the coupon/discount section:
amazingbebook@hotmail.com

The price includes free shipping, case, etc. and with the discount it is considerably more affordable than many competing readers.
Two things here:

1. Free shipping is not included, and was dropped AFAIK before this promotion was started. In fact the dropping of free shipping was a major factor in my decision to delay buying a BB. Especially from the other side of the world.

2. What you and others here have not disclosed (and it is only my opinion, but in a community like MR I think people should have disclosed this), is that if 10 people use your reference, you get a free BeBook or your purchase price refunded.

Thanks for the code - I've ordered mine and it is shipping and I'm sure yours won't be too far behind :-)
rjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #10
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
2. What you and others here have not disclosed (and it is only my opinion, but in a community like MR I think people should have disclosed this), is that if 10 people use your reference, you get a free BeBook or your purchase price refunded.

This sounds like a Pyramide scheme. That is illegal in some countries.

Last edited by Ortep; 08-08-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
This sounds like a Pyramide scheme. That is illegal in some countries.
No, it is not. A Pyramid scheme is when there is no product or valuable service exchanged for the money. Also, a pyramid scheme has levels where when the people you refer also refer people you get credit for it.

This is a simple reward program... many places run them, off had I can think of TiVo and eBates and it is perfectly legal.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This is a simple reward program... many places run them, off had I can think of TiVo and eBates and it is perfectly legal.

BOb
In your country perhaps. But I'm certain that in The Netherlands some law enforcement groups will frown upon this.

I will have to get 10 people to buy this reader to get mine free. Those people will have to get 10 people each to get their reader for free. That is 10+100 people. The next layer will be 1000 readers and buyers etc...Were is this not a pyramid?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
In your country perhaps. But I'm certain that in The Netherlands some law enforcement groups will frown upon this.

I will have to get 10 people to buy this reader to get mine free. Those people will have to get 10 people each to get their reader for free. That is 10+100 people. The next layer will be 1000 readers and buyers etc...Were is this not a pyramid?
It's not a pyramid for two reasons...(which I already stated but you seemed to ignore)

1. You are getting a product of comparable value for your money.

2. You don't get anything when the ten people you referred get their ten people.

I have been involved in my share of multi-level marketing companies and can tell the difference between an illegal pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM company. This is neither... it is just a simple 1 LEVEL referral bonus program.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:04 AM   #14
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It's not a pyramid for two reasons...(which I already stated but you seemed to ignore)

1. You are getting a product of comparable value for your money.

2. You don't get anything when the ten people you referred get their ten people.

I have been involved in my share of multi-level marketing companies and can tell the difference between an illegal pyramid scheme and a legitimate MLM company. This is neither... it is just a simple 1 LEVEL referral bonus program.

BOb

I didn't ignore it. You seems to ignore my remarks about different laws in different countries twice.

There are a lot off things that are legal in the US and not in the rest of the world. Like owning guns or driving a car at 16.

Other things are legal in other countries and not in the US like drinking alcohol at 16 or showing a nipple of a grown woman on the TV. Or downloading music from the Internet.

This type of marketing is probably illegal in the Netherlands. Referral is never done here. To keep it running you need more and more people. It is to close to a pyramid scheme. And the really bad part is that they use your friends or neighbors. They will push you to buy and you are not always aware it is a sales pitch and not an honest opinion. That is the same as in a pyramid. They have a compelling reason to get you to buy one. Not because it is a good product, but because they already have 8 referrals. And even 9 are useless. They must have 10 off them. It would have been different if the got paid 10% for each referral

At this time there is even a discussion going on about legality of the type of marketing were people get all kinds of products for free to give away to their friends. For more or less the same reasons. They get a product for free and are likely to ignore flaws just because it is free for them.

It is also illegal here to have a marketing scheme were 1 out of 10 people get one fro free. In some countries that is not a problem

Last edited by Ortep; 08-10-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:32 AM   #15
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
I think pilotbob is quite right on this one (for reasons already mentioned).
But I would find it more honest for forum members promoting such "discounts", to clearly state what they'll gain if you go and buy the product with their emails as referrals...
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote