2,000 to 5,000 33 20.25%
5,000 to 10,000 16 9.82%
10,000 to 25,000 10 6.13%
more than 25,000 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
eBook owners question

How many eBooks do you own. Give total.
total = free + pay
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't know! It's somewhere between 100 and 500 though.
I have "weeded out" lots of freebies. If I hadn't I might have had more than 500.

Most of my reading material comes from libraries. Overdrive and Swedish eLib.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't really know but it goes in the range 2000 to 5000.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Mine stays around the 1000-1300 mark, as I dl freebies, read them and usually delete them [not worth a re-read ever].
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I said 100-500, even though I have less than 100. You can't keep library books, so those get wiped pretty quickly. I don't feel compelled to keep public domain books, since those are easy to reacquire. I don't spend much time searching for free non-public domain works. That pretty much leaves purchased books, which are few and far in between.
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My SD card usually has around 7000 ebook files.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
500-2000...doesn't count the Gutenberg DVD I downloaded years ago.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Tricky question, really.
Since I have the (cleaned-up) Black Mask Collection on DVD, that puts me in the 25,000+ bracket.

Otherwise, I'd be in the 10-25,000 bracket, thanks to the 14,000 Gutenberg titles I d/'ed, "prettified" and converted to mobi and MSReader format ages ago. (Two whole weeks I had the PC running those batch files.)
Plus, a few hundred classic literary ebooks I picked up from university ebook repositories in ages past (University of Virginia, etc). Had to keep the PDA fed...

Other than that, I have 13 years of Webscriptions and the BAEN promo CDs and a good chunk of the Free Library, say 1000 titles, a couple hundred Fictionwise legacy buys, and a couple hundred Kindle titles. Plus a few dozen titles from Powell's and Amazon from the first age of commercial ebooks. (All MSReader format, post-processed, of course.)

So, classics aside, I'm in the more reasonable 500-2000 bracket for purchased ebooks.

Last edited by fjtorres; 03-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
500-2000...doesn't count the Gutenberg DVD I downloaded years ago.
You *have* to count it.
I don't want to be alone in the top bracket.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I'm in the 500-2,000 category.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
I think mine's in the 100 to 500 range. I don't have that many public domain books (probably around 100 total between my two devices), and the bought + free ones come in at around 300. I think. I try to keep it at a small TBR pile, not a monstrous one.
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A little over 2,000 purchased ebooks, I think. I don't count freebies.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Well, more than 10,000, but probably less than 25,000.
Purchased about 800 to 1,000, and the rest are from various PD sources, mostly Gutenberg, but generous handfuls from Freereads and Manybooks, Internet Archive, U of Virginia, Baen free library, and various authors' sites. All the Baen CDs, and oddments from other free book sites.
Actually read, maybe 3,000 or so, including most of the bought ones. I expect to read a few more of the free ones, and will no doubt acquire and read more free and paid books in the future. Once I have them they stay at least in Calibre, except for the Gutenberg DVD, which I haven't transferred to the computer. I can usually download from the site more easily than finding the DVD and copying the file.
Errr. I have been reading ebooks since 1991, and tend to be a bit of a book hoarder. Our dtb library takes up the whole upper floor of the house, but at least half of those belong to my husband. Fortunately he now has a kindle as well.
Just looked in the Amazon Cloud. 1,239 titles since 2009. Mostly from Amazon, and about 75 % free books, already included in the above count. Quite modest, really.

Last edited by piperclassique; 03-17-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: More stuff
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I answered 100-500 however a little bit under 100 would be more accurate.
I am still on the fence regarding building an ebook library.
- Ebooks are still more often than not over-priced *
- I worry about the durability of all of this. If ereaders are not make anymore, sure I will be able to read ebooks on my computer, but that won't be the same.
Nevertheless, I am going towards an electronic library, one ebook at a time.
My intent is not to start a discussion which starts to get old. It's mainly to express my ambivalent feelings.

* for me that's the #1 reason to piracy (though I don't do that and don't advocate piracy in any way)

Edit: to those of you who have+2000 ebooks, do you expect to read them all?

Last edited by samhy; 03-17-2013 at 12:08 PM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
I'm closer to the 500 end of the 500-2000 category. Not that many freebies: mostly Baen Free library, a couple of their series from CD, and a smattering of SF & classics from PG and here. I also read a good number of library books, but hey don't stay on the reader. My wife, despite my giving here a reader still prefers p-books, so I'd definitely have more on my reader if she didn't buy those.
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote