Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glosnik View Post
Yeah, I got Touch, and its not that smart to calculate
twobob, impressive work, but I like the ease of use of KindleCalc - add it to documents and it works. I had KUAL, but uninstalled it, as I like keeping things simple, only necessary modifications.
Don't recall that all of those special qualifications where part of your original "job spec".

Next, time, build it yourself, rather than waste our time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #62
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Next, time, build it yourself, rather than waste our time.
Let's be kind to Glosnik anyway, he never requested the work. twobob chose to spend the time doing it (and impressed us all the way). After all, wasting time in your hobby is just fun (my 2 cents) BTW I upped your K, may it help on our way to foregiveness and compassion.

Last edited by PoP; 04-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #63
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I don't mind either way : D

Use it. Don't use it.

Was fun to do : )

No qualms here
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #64
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
A calculator is about the easiest "beginner" program to write, right after "hello world". A great way to start developing Kindlets.

@Glosnik: Why not create a really simple calculator Kindlet and release it for everyone to enjoy?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
New Release with full sources!

Hi there!
I've finally decided to release the full sources of KindCalc.
Hope this will be useful to you.
Cheers,
Peter

EDIT: Silly me forgot to include the make script. Here it is!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindcalc101.zip (60.1 KB, 1652 views)

Last edited by digory; 04-06-2013 at 09:12 AM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #66
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I salute you
Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #67
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
salutation accepted.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #68
twobob

Is there a specific revision set that it operates on? I'll go code diving.

Okay.. so. Not PW supported. OOTB. Just mentioning that to the future user.

Much fun on the Touch's though : )

Last edited by twobob; 04-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
A calculator is about the easiest "beginner" program to write, right after "hello world". A great way to start developing Kindlets.

@Glosnik: Why not create a really simple calculator Kindlet and release it for everyone to enjoy?
Few years ago I quit "coding" due to health&personal reasons
But with this source code I can manage to do this.

Last edited by Glosnik; 04-06-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #70
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
@twobob I use KindCalc on my PW without a problem and that's OOTB *(assuming you meant Out Of The Box)
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #71
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
@twobob I use KindCalc on my PW without a problem and that's OOTB *(assuming you meant Out Of The Box)
Good info. Didn't work on mine. Will try again. Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #72
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you want me to upload the version I have then I'm more than happy to.
I've double checked it both runs and calculates things correctly.
I've also got the following installed:
Collections Manager
Kindle Dev Certs (Had to readd that after updating to 5.3.4)
Python
screensaver hack
Just so you know what's running on the system.
I've tested it on all of the Paperwhite firmwares as they've been released and it's worked on all of them for me.

Any further info I can supply to help, then please let me know.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #73
twobob

Yeah... Looks like it is the dev certs perhaps now I try again. Hmm. Headscratch.

Will reinstall.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #74
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Well, twobob let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #75
twobob

I am a bit confused as the exact developer key and why it might be missing.
Having installed the shared set and everything else working fine.

Am reinstalling the shared keys to be doubly sure.

Tags
kindlets