Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
version 1.1.01.25200

I have had my Sony PRS-505 for 2 weeks now. The first day I went to Sony's website for firmware update and found my version was a higher number than what they offered.

What is up with that? What are the differences?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
trektech
trektech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nexus One, Nikon D700, Smartq V7
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I have had my Sony PRS-505 for 2 weeks now. The first day I went to Sony's website for firmware update and found my version was a higher number than what they offered.

What is up with that? What are the differences?
what i know..... you cant use the prscustomizer.

just kidding. you can use it, just read the procedure.....
trektech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone know why the Sony website has an older firmware version?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
The consensus here is that the differences are negligible - the most obvious one is a different date format. Presumably, that's the reason why Sony never bothered to put these "new" firmwares up for download.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
The consensus here is that the differences are negligible - the most obvious one is a different date format. Presumably, that's the reason why Sony never bothered to put these "new" firmwares up for download.
Why would a US firmware need a new date format? I think you mean the UK firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #6
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Well, my guess was a new copyright date! :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
new

So Sony didn't tell a soul what the differences are? I just wondered in case I had to reload firmware with the older version. Like if I tried to change fonts and "brick" the reader.........I would have to reload an older firmware version. Makes me not want to try then.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
On the other hand, as there's no perceivable difference, what difference would it make! :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote