Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
uieluck
Connoisseur
uieluck began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle, nook
The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".

The <p> tag is closed,, but I'm getting this error in ePubChecker. WTF!!! Maybe I'm missing something, but I've doubled checked and I'm still receiving this error. Does somebody have a suggestion?

<p class="body-no-indent">In the spiritual and philosophical systems of Asia, the universe is considered to be “powered” by an energy known variously as<i>prana, qi,</i> or <i>ki.</i> This is the energy that causes galaxies to form, stars to burn, and planets to orbit and spin. All things are “fueled” by prana, which is not only a kind of energy, but also a kind of vibration, intelligence, or consciousness. There are no sufficient English words to translate the precise meaning of prana and its uses in all contexts. In India it is often referred to as “the shadow of God,” meaning that it is as inseparable from the divine intelligence as you are from your own shadow.</br>The human body, too, depends on prana for its functioning. In this sense we can think of prana as a kind of life force that flows through the body. Prana is responsible for the creation of the physical body of the fetus in the womb. The metabolic processes of the body extract prana from the food we eat and the air we breathe and use this prana as fuel. We also receive prana directly from the environment (from the sun, wind, and so on). The life force not only keeps the machinery of the body running, but also supplies information and intelligence to the systems of the body and the consciousness of the mind. The medical systems of Asia (such as <i>ayurveda</i> and traditional Chinese medicine) depend on a complex understanding of the life force in human beings as the bedrock of their medical model. In recent years these alternative and complementary therapies have gained widespread use in America and Europe (as well as their native cultures) because of their effectiveness in the prevention and treatment of illness. Clearly, there is powerful evidence to support the use of the life force model in the field of human wellness.</p>
Attached Files
File Type: epub Healing Mantra.epub (237.4 KB, 362 views)
uieluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Your </br> tag should be <br />
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
uieluck
Connoisseur

Doh!!, (literally, palms over the face).
Now, I fixed all those </br> 's but I'm having this issue meow.
element "p" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" not allowed in this context
Old 02-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
uieluck
Connoisseur

Anybody else?, I'm struggling now.
Healing_Mantra.html(21): The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".
Healing_Mantra.html: The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".
Old 02-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Your ePub needs fixing. Use Sigil to fix it. You need to split the HTML into no larger then 300K parts. Also, you need to include the fonts in the OPF. You have IDs missing in the OPF. You have images not in the OPF. You have an href pointing to a non-existent font.

Load it into Sigil, validate it and then fix all the errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There also seems to be some case issues; some of the fonts are listed in Fonts; others in fonts.

Also, what are all the 0 byte files in the fonts directory?

@JSWolf; I see no sign of html files larger than 300k! I see a single HTML file that is 31k in size.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@JSWolf; I see no sign of html files larger than 300k! I see a single HTML file that is 31k in size.
That was my mistake. Thanks for catching it.

But, the code inside the HTML needs fixing. It is very very sloppy.

Sample code from the HTML...

Code:
<p class="Normal para-style-override-3"><span class="Normal char-style-override-9" xml:lang="en-US">7. </span><span class="char-style-override-9">Sahasrara</span></p>
Also, have a look at all the error epubcheck found...

Spoiler:
java -jar c:\utils\epubcheck-3.0.jar "Healing Mantra.epub"
Epubcheck Version 3.0

ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub: Length of the first filename in archive must be 8, but was 9
Validating against EPUB version 2.0
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(5,24): title element is empty
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(16,46): character content of element "dc:identifier" invalid; must be a string with length at least 1 (actual length was 0)
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(24,79): element "item" missing required attribute "id"
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(25,73): element "item" missing required attribute "id"
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(26,75): element "item" missing required attribute "id"
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(27,80): element "item" missing required attribute "id"
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(28,82): element "item" missing required attribute "id"
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/images/A365 anahata chakra2_fmt.jpeg: Filename contains spaces. Consider changing filename such that URI escaping is not necessary
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/DA02755W_Healing_Mantra.html(19,680): The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/DA02755W_Healing_Mantra.html: The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</p>".
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub: resource OEBPS/Fonts/Weiss.otf is missing
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub: resource OEBPS/Fonts/Weiss-Bold.otf is missing
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub: resource OEBPS/Fonts/IndicTimes.otf is missing
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/template.css(3,2): 'OEBPS/fonts/IndicTimes.otf': referenced resource is not declared in the OPF manifest.
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/template.css(7,2): 'OEBPS/fonts/Weiss.otf': referenced resource isnot declared in the OPF manifest.
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/WeissExtBol) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss ExtraBold.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/fonts/Weiss ExtraBold.otf: Filename contains spaces. Consider changing filename such that URI escaping is not necessary
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/WeissBol) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/WeissIta) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss Italic.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/fonts/Weiss Italic.otf: Filename contains spaces. Consider changing filename such that URI escaping is not necessary
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/images/A365 anahata chakra2_fmt.jpeg: Filename contains spaces. Consider changing filename such that URI escaping is not necessary
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/IndicTim) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/IndicTimes) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss-Italic) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/DevanagariTimesLA.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss-Bold) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss-ExtraBold) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss.) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
ERROR: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/fonts/Weiss.: Filename is not allowed to end with '.'.
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/DevanTimLA) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/Weiss Bold.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub/OEBPS/fonts/Weiss Bold.otf: Filename contains spaces. Consider changing filename such that URI escaping is not necessary
WARNING: Healing Mantra.epub: item (OEBPS/fonts/IndicTimes.otf) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file

Check finished with warnings or errors

My suggestion is to break down this ePub and rebuild it in Sigil.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-12-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
uieluck
Connoisseur

Alright guys, JSWolf & PeterT thanks for your help. I finally fixed the errors with a html validator.
Thanks, T—
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uieluck View Post
Alright guys, JSWolf & PeterT thanks for your help. I finally fixed the errors with a html validator.
Thanks, T—
Did you run the ePub through epubcheck 3.0 to see that it validates. Just because the HTML validates doesn't mean the ePub (as a whole) will validate.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you run the ePub through epubcheck 3.0 to see that it validates. Just because the HTML validates doesn't mean the ePub (as a whole) will validate.
In this case, it was just the problematic HTML that was causing problems. I spotted the following open paragraphs without </p> to close them, plus several instances of <br> in between paragraphs.
  • <p class="Body-copy para-style-override-2"/>
  • <p class="No-Paragraph-Style para-style-override-1"/>
  • <p class="Body-copy para-style-override-2"/>
  • <p class="body-no-indent"/>
  • <p class="IndicTimes"/>
  • <p class="IndicTimes"/>
  • <p class="body-no-indent">There are many mantras which are said to promote wellness. The Healing Mantras program uses three which are thought to be especially potent. Each one activates a different aspect of divinity, and all three may be used together to obtain benefit.
  • <p class="No-Paragraph-Style para-style-override-4"/>
  • <p class="No-Paragraph-Style para-style-override-5"/>
  • <p class="No-Paragraph-Style para-style-override-6"/>
  • <p class="No-Paragraph-Style para-style-override-4"/>
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You can also get into trouble when you leave an </a> within the paragraph. It will report it as a paragraph error instead of an anchor error in flightcrew.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote