Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Screensavers

The screensaver shown when you "turn off" the 650 (and I assume 350) is quite a nice extra feature. For those who haven't played around with this feature, I have some extra info.

1. The images chosen for the screensaver are selected in the pictures application. With this application open, you choose "options>select standby screen". This opens up thumbnails of all your images, and allows you to checkmark each image you want in the screensaver application. This also allows for more than one image to be chosen, which will cause the screensaver to cycle to a different image whenever the reader is turned off (not randomly).

2. Images are stored in "(root)>database>media>images". Just drag and drop. (The Sony Library software may do this for you, but I use calibre so don't have the Sony software installed)

3. Images are displayed at roughly 600x800, but if you look at the images Sony put in the directory, those images are over 1500 pixels wide, which means that the reader scales the images to fit the screen. I haven't tried really weird proportions to see how good the scaling is.

4. Kindle users have already generated many images that are equally useful for the Sony devices since the underlying screens are the same. One good site has over 800 screensavers to start you off and can be found here:

http://s204.photobucket.com/home/911jason/tag/Kindle

Personally, my favourite is attached below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindless-idrinkbookshelf1-full.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	58663  
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Nook uses also have a source for free screensavers and wallpaper that I have found lovely options. Since they are also 600x800, they'll work on the 350 or 650.

www.nook-look.com
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It doesn't matter where you put your pictures. It will look all over the device (I made my own folders in the root).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Nook uses also have a source for free screensavers and wallpaper that I have found lovely options. Since they are also 600x800, they'll work on the 350 or 650.

www.nook-look.com
Thanks. There's some beautiful stuff there.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The nook-look.com one doesn't load for me...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I can confirm that the Sony Library will sync/copy over your images to the device.

When creating images, give them an aspect ratio of 0.75 (which is 600/800); this makes sure that they will be displayed full screen without any borders or stretching.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
I would like to delete this post!

HI everyone! One more website with e-book screensavers is my website:

http://www.kubizo.com/kindle-screensaver-images/

Almost 3,000 images that work perfectly with the PRS, the Nook, the Kindle, etc...

Ciao!

Last edited by Kubizo; 12-07-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Moderators, please help me delete this, I can't find how I can do so!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
How can I delete a post? Edit/Delete only brings me to the "Edit" section, with no option to delete!

PS: the "Similar Threads" box at the bottom of the screen is very seductive and makes me want to post on very old threads. Sorry for that, I'll be more careful
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote