Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
kmashlea
kmashlea began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One 2010
FB2 Sectionize

Since I put a bug report on about the new experimental sectionize option, I have found quite a few different scenarios where the regex fails to convert correctly, therefore doesn't create the FB2 output file at all.

I have now analysed these and wrote a program based on this, which works on all my books now.

Now that I have gotten myself more into regex, I have converted the code into new regular expressions that I am testing at the moment.

Once I am happy with them, I'll send the code to user_none (assuming it hasn't already been sorted?).
kmashlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmashlea View Post
Once I am happy with them, I'll send the code to user_none (assuming it hasn't already been sorted?).
I've committed a fix for the bug report and a few other bugs I discovered while working on it. However, still send the code once you're done. You might have fixed bugs and cases I missed/wasn't looking for.

Please keep in mind that FB2 sectionizing is based on detecting sequences of tags that could be chapters. It will never work 100% with calibre's chapter detection options. However, that doesn't mean we can't get close .
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
kmashlea
kmashlea began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook One 2010
I have got the regex back to two lines and have run it through all of my book collection without any failing the FB2 output.

I am really pleased with the output but even where the chapters aren't detected it still output correctly.

I'll e-mail the code to.

Just need the chapter detection to get a little better now!
kmashlea is offline   Reply With Quote