Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
jfpuente
jfpuente began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Spanish-English instant look up translation

Hi there,

I know that Kindle DX is brand new, but I can see that this new model include a Built-in dictionary with instant lookup for english words.

Does anybody know if it's possible to shift the Oxford dictionary to a English-Spanish dictionary so it translates english words to spanish, as easy as the instant look up software does with the oxford one?

I really appreciate your help buddies.
jfpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
As far as I know, there are no other working dictionaries for Kindle besides the OED.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This is an often requested capability, but it isn't available. See Spanish dictionary - is it really MiA? for a recent discussion (there are others). I don't know why a dictionary publisher has not tried to solve this problem, or perhaps they have and it is Amazon's fault.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, kindle dx, language, translation