Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
ChelC
Enthusiast
ChelC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Who has done the Sony CC deal?

So I just ordered one of these yesterday from Amazon. Now I see that Sony has the $100 back on a purchase over $299. Who has actually gotten this rebate? Was it a huge hassle? Is it worth it. In reality it would be $75 difference for me in savings from what I'm paying Amazon. Are there any other hidden fees or anything?
ChelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I got the SonyCard when the offer was $150 off on a qualifying purchase over $299. I applied for the card and ordered the 700 immediately.

The 700 was priced at $399, so my SonyCard bill came to me showing the $399 charge, and a $150 credit, for a balance of $250.

No hassle whatsoever.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Some people have had no trouble at all; others (like Taylor514ce) have had very bad experiences.
See
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11946
and
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27927
(This thread has Taylor's sad story.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I did this on the 505, worked out great
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote