Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
jonnybgood
jonnybgood began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin eReader V3
Hi from Beijing

Hi Everybody,

I'm an Aussie based in Beijing. Just bought a Hanlin eReader V3.

Sort of happy with it.

Hope I can figure out a way to change the default font. It's a sanserif font very similar to Arial.

The V3 is also heavier than paperbacks. But I'm sure I'll get used to that pretty quickly.

Getting books in English is tricky in China and I love to read when I travel. So being able to take loads of books with me is exciting.

I have never read a full book on my computer and the eInk screen on the V3 does nearly live up to expectations. Still not as pleasant as reading a regular paperback though.

Mobile Read is blocked by the Great Firewall of China tonight; and I have to go through a proxy to get here. I wonder why?

This is a good looking forum. Thanks to the crew who set it up.
jonnybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Welcome to the forum. Look up your Hanlin in the wiki and you will find a few sources for English books. One is Walkbook. Also the tools available can convert files in several formats and the eBook reader itself can read files in several formats. Hopefully China won't block you access to good literature and help.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy reading jonnybgood
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
jonnybgood
jonnybgood began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin eReader V3
Thanks Dale and Ervserver.

I've got a gazillion books from torrent tracker sites. (I hope it's OK to say that here}

Have had a look at the wiki and will now go for a look at the "How To" forums.

Because I have to go through a proxy to get to this forum I keep getting logged out. So I will probably be more of a lurker than a poster here unless that changes.
jonnybgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi jonnybgood and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
hama
hama began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Hi From Denmark

I just found this forum - hope I can find some help using my Galaxy P1000 / Tab as e-book reader, I really have trouble.

sorry my bad english
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Hello, and welcome to MR! Don't worry, your English is fine!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:12 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hama

Welcome to Mobileread.... { old thread mate ! }
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello jonnybgood and welcome to MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Johnny. And don't forget to check in with one of the device-specific sub-forums here for special user advice. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi, welcome to MR from the Netherlands.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote