JIPG
JIPG began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Try this:

1. Download the archive: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/..._onyx.a60s.zip
2. Unpack it;
3. Copy it's contents (lib directory and pbchess.a60s.oar file) into pbchess directory on your A60S;
4. Run pbchess.a60s.oar.

Send me pbchess.a60s.oar.txt again if something wrong.
Hello Sergey,

It works! Thank you.

I have found only a few glitches:

Text "Pawn Promotion" is not translated in any language (it is in message.lng, but not in the program).

"Next puzzle" submenu does not work well. When you move over it, the "cursor" gets stuck in this submenu and you cannot go out.

In "new game" menu, "white" is not translated in any language.

Apart from that, a perfect program.https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliestext/thankyou.gif

Thank you again

JI
JIPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Please try: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...4_onyx.new.zip

All your comments are fixed + Spanish translation added + some keyboard navigation improvements.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
JIPG

Quote:
Please try: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/...4_onyx.new.zip

All your comments are fixed + Spanish translation added + some keyboard navigation improvements.
Hello Sergey,

thank you very much for your quick response!.

In "new game" menu, "white" is not translated in Spanish due to my fault. I wrote "es.Blancas" instead of "es:Blancas" in the message.lng file. I am very sorry. If you want to distribute the Spanish translation, this glitch has to be corrected.

As a general comment, the new version 1.2.4 looks much better due to improvements in the menus. Now it is easier to see them due to the bigger fonts, and the checkboxes are also more visible. By the way, what is the function the submenu Contents, inside Base menu?

I recommend this application to anybody that likes the chess and the books Congratulations for your good work
Old 03-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG View Post
Hello Sergey,
thank you very much for your quick response!.
In "new game" menu, "white" is not translated in Spanish due to my fault. I wrote "es.Blancas" instead of "es:Blancas" in the message.lng file. I am very sorry. If you want to distribute the Spanish translation, this glitch has to be corrected.
Don't apologize Everybody make bugs

I fixed translation and published this version on my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG
As a general comment, the new version 1.2.4 looks much better due to improvements in the menus. Now it is easier to see them due to the bigger fonts, and the checkboxes are also more visible.
You can change font sizes in pbchess.cfg:
font_size_annotation=20 (board annotation font)
font_size_default=30 (default font - menus, dialogs)
font_size_header=30 (header font)
font_size_history=25 (moves history font)

Quote:
By the way, what is the function the submenu Contents, inside Base menu?
This is the greatest pbchess improvement
Try for example to open the base "The manual of chess combinations" by S. Ivashenko" from here http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contents.html and go to Base/Contents. You'll see

Quote:
I recommend this application to anybody that likes the chess and the books Congratulations for your good work
Thanks!

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 03-19-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #20
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Othello (Reversi) for Onyx

Hi!

Othello game is ready on my site!
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
great news!!!! any chance for a checkers version with italian rules :PPP
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
great news!!!! any chance for a checkers version with italian rules :PPP
I can't promise Any case, give me a link with rules description in English.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #23
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thank you for the othello game
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
JIPG

Thank for this new game

Is it possible to reach the NEW, SETTINGS, CLOSE, OK and CANCEL buttons for the models without stylus?

I suppose SETTINGS=MENU, CLOSE=BACK, UNDO=PREV, but I do not know how to start a new game, or how to close the dialog window in settings.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG View Post
Thank for this new game

Is it possible to reach the NEW, SETTINGS, CLOSE, OK and CANCEL buttons for the models without stylus?

I suppose SETTINGS=MENU, CLOSE=BACK, UNDO=PREV, but I do not know how to start a new game, or how to close the dialog window in settings.
NEXT=Start new game

In dialog (the same as chess):

Cursor Right = Ok
Cursor Left = Cancel
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
JIPG

Quote:
NEXT=Start new game

In dialog (the same as chess):

Cursor Right = Ok
Cursor Left = Cancel
Ok. Thank you for your answer.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
#sergey
http://www.checkerschest.com/checker...n-checkers.htm

The main difference is that the king cannot be eated by pawns but only from other kings. This changes the whole strategy a lot
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #28
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Hi!

The new version - 1.2.5 of pbchess is available for testing!

A first commercial version of chess for Onyx.

See our testing page: http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=177

The main improvements are:

1. Game with time controls. There are several type of time controls: game time + bonus (for human and engines), move time (for engines), search depth (for engines); You can add your own time controls!
2. Puzzles statistics. The time and number of fails are collected for each solved puzzle. You can now see your statistics (total, average time, total, average fails, etc); you also can find the worst puzzle in the whole database, reset it and solve it again!
3. Various operations with moves / variants: delete moves before, delete moves after, promote variation, move variation (top, bottom, up, down), delete variation;
4. Show which turn to move and various other board settings;
5. A very comfortable layout system which allows to very quickly change visual components proportions (header, board, notation). You also can add your own layouts!
6. Engine vs engine playing mode!
7. Export current game to PGN format
8. Kindle Touch gestures improvement;
9. Pawn promotion dialog;
10. NAG initial support (show $1 as !, $2 as ?, ... etc);
11. Chess problems with multiple solutions;
12. Possibility to suspend/resume engines and to make moves instead of them.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess-1.2.5

pbchess-1.2.5 for Onyx is tested and available for download:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/index.html
Old 10-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #30
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I can't find the Onyx Boox release in your web, sergeyvl. Was it discontinued?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote