Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Kindle app suddenly not working with many books.

I don't know if it's just the current release or the one just prior, but after finishing a series I was reading, during which the latest two updates to kindle were released, something has changed.

The problem is that now the Kindle app is showing many of my mobi books as being not just zero length, but negative length. They don't have the row of dots and when opened it shows position -1 of 1.

The common characteristic is all the books it's doing this with have no embedded cover images. However, not *all* of the books I have without cover images do this.

It's not the books that have changed because they all used to work. Is it now not working with old format Mobi books with the .prc extension and without the slightly changed header?

If simply changing the extension from .prc to .mobi won't fix it, it's going to be a PITA to run all those through Auto Kindle to change the headers.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I wonder if it's dropped support for standard PalmDOC format? That would be quite annoying.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert