Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #35536
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Any one sounds wonderful! ( but way too exciting for us introverted recluses )
I'm sure many are envying your choice though!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #35537
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Yes, those problems aren't too heavy, that's true....
I would like to go to the US for a couple of months as well, but that has to wait for now. I've been there twice for a month, driving from one motel to the other, on coupons....: New York-Philadelphia-New Orleans-Miami and Phoenix-San Diego-Santa Fe. Very, very nice. What an amazing country.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #35538
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Myranmar might still be off limits due to sanctions. They are being lifted but some are still in place.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #35539
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
(lightly drumming my fingers on the table....)

Journey to Ethiopia probably won't go through; 4 people of my group cancelled. Where am I to go? China perhaps, or Myanmar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Any one sounds wonderful! ( but way too exciting for us introverted recluses )
I'm sure many are envying your choice though!
desertblues, I'd love to have the opportunity to travel, but some of the places you go seem to require a bit more courage than I'm certain I could muster. Hope you find an interesting (and safe) destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well, I didn't install the sound card. Realized I was going to need to have some cables ready first, not to mention do some major housecleaning around the computer. Took a nap instead. Maybe next week.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #35540
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trying to convince a very tired, sick 6 month old to nap and failing miserably.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #35541
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
(lightly drumming my fingers on the table....)

Journey to Ethiopia probably won't go through; 4 people of my group cancelled. Where am I to go? China perhaps, or Myanmar?
Wow, am I envious that you have such choices before you. Sorry to hear that you have been let down, but when one door closes...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #35542
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
desertblues, I'd love to have the opportunity to travel, but some of the places you go seem to require a bit more courage than I'm certain I could muster. Hope you find an interesting (and safe) destination.

Well, I didn't install the sound card. Realized I was going to need to have some cables ready first, not to mention do some major housecleaning around the computer. Took a nap instead. Maybe next week.
That's what my cat did too.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #35543
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I do have courage for political problems when travelling, but not as much for heights, unfortunately; though when visiting the US I mustered all my courage to look down into the Grand Canyon. I have thought about Israel, but I have some stamps in my passeport which they don't like (Syria, Iran).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know I always have some kind of "knot" in my stomach when my child ( yes, 24......) is ill. Best wishes for your little Lucas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Wow, am I envious that you have such choices before you. Sorry to hear that you have been let down, but when one door closes...
Well, I do hope the travel agency gives me their final decision about going/ not going before I get my yellow fever shots and such....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #35544
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Either one is great! And very very different from each other. The scenery in Burma (I refuse to call it Myanmar until the government changes) is nicer and the people more friendly, but the foods in China taste better. But... the souvenirs that you can bring back from Burma are better. These are cheap as dirt there! (Don't buy as investment, only as souvenir!)

Quote:
It's time for Lucas to start feeling better. Soon he'll be his usual chipper self!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stones.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	99953  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #35545
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I am so tired after work today I am literally sliding out of my chair. Early bed time tonight.

Went into work early to print the W-2's - so I could have a printer all to myself .... sigh ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #35546
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Sleep tight. Stupid barking dogs woke up the baby. Do you know how long it took to get him to sleep? I get barking when someone comes to the door. I don't get sitting in a basement with no windows and barking while running upstairs to a window.

Aaaaarrrggghhh

And this is why I am not a stay at home Mom, I don't have the patience.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #35547
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Sleep tight. Stupid barking dogs woke up the baby. Do you know how long it took to get him to sleep? I get barking when someone comes to the door. I don't get sitting in a basement with no windows and barking while running upstairs to a window.

Aaaaarrrggghhh

And this is why I am not a stay at home Mom, I don't have the patience.
Dealing with a sick baby is more than enough to try anyone's patience! Good luck with the wee one!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #35548
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Packing my dive and camera gear! I've got some work to do this weekend in Micronesia! Warm weather, here I come! I've got a flight out of Kansai International Airport tomorrow afternoon. (Business Cass! The company is paying. But as it's a 2.5 hour flight I really won't get the real benefits of it) These folks have opted for the luxury boat, so that part of the work will be an absolute delight! And you can't do much better than the undersea variety provided by the local coral reefs. Every thing is alive and healthy, and what's best, just a short ride from the marina!

I'll have enough time tomorrow morning to get in a quick 5k walk before I have to leave for the airport. But I've just realized that I'm going to have a bit of a problem... I don't have ANY idea how much weight to put on my weight belt now! I had been using 6kg but now that I've lost so much weight, that would seriously over-weight me! I'll bet I can get away with just 2kg now... Unfortunately, I won't have time for a pre-dive check...

Stitchawl
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #35549
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I don't have ANY idea how much weight to put on my weight belt now! I had been using 6kg but now that I've lost so much weight, that would seriously over-weight me! I'll bet I can get away with just 2kg now... Unfortunately, I won't have time for a pre-dive check...
And what about your wetsuit size?

Currently sitting on a work call. Would I rather be jetting off to Micronesia? Do you need to ask?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #35550
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
And what about your wetsuit size?
Shouldn't be a problem. It's stretchy Neoprene, that had been working hard to get over my stomach in the past. Now it will just be easier. And MUCH easier to flush...

Quote:
Currently sitting on a work call. Would I rather be jetting off to Micronesia? Do you need to ask?
Underwater Micronesia is spectacular. On-land Micronesia is too much like South Florida or San Diego. All the stores are the same, the money is the same, the language is the same (although the old folks do speak Chamorro) so I can actually read and understand all the signs, etc. Even the Mall food courts have McD's, Burger King, TacoBell, Dunkin Donuts, Subway, etc. But I can stock up on over-the-counter medicines are human prices. A bottle of Tylenol in Japan costs about $10 for 20 caplets. In Guam I can get a generic bottle of 100 caplets for $3. Same with antihistamines and Vitamins.

And remember... I will be there for 'work.'

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?