Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
returning KFHD question on update

I received my new replacement for battery problems.

I deregistered my old one, and did reset. Then I went to look at the device and it shows my 7.2.3 update and user number. I downloaded it manually from Amazon. Does this identify my personal info?

I plugged it in and looked at Kindleupdates and it doesn't show anything.

I need to send back so I don't get charged again. Opinions?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
FYI... You have about a month to take it back, and you can ask for an extension. Amazon gave me 3 months.

You're talking about these numbers?

update-kindle-7.2.3_D025_2330720.bin

They're all the same. It's just a compile number.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
FYI... You have about a month to take it back, and you can ask for an extension. Amazon gave me 3 months.

You're talking about these numbers?

update-kindle-7.2.3_D025_2330720.bin

They're all the same. It's just a compile number.
Mine says "User 2330720.bin" after "update-kindle-7.2.3"

Which led me to believe it is my user info. Thanks.
new is offline   Reply With Quote