Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #46
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh, oh, one more (stupid) question. Do I really need to install SVN on my Windows XP machine to upload to the src trunk? I couldn't do upload there with my ftp tools or browser (because it is secured).
I am nearly sure you need to do that. But you want to use svn anyway on your machine. You only need the svn program and not a server.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, the info we get AFTER the new project is created, as tompe pointed out, is not acessible later on. Could you post those links and such on a help page?
Good idea I started a page here: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/hub/wiki/FirstSteps

Quote:
Oh, oh, one more (stupid) question. Do I really need to install SVN on my Windows XP machine to upload to the src trunk? I couldn't do upload there with my ftp tools or browser (because it is secured).
The thing about SVN is that paths (trunk, branches, tags, etc.) are not really filesystem paths, but paths as described in metadata. So there is no way to directly upload something to a SVN repository via FTP for example. However, if you use SVN, it's still as secure as FTP, because you are connecting via https (SSL) to your repository. TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN are two recommended Windows clients.

If you don't like to use SVN, you can also tar or zip your sources and upload the packed file via FTP. And if you like, I can move them from there locally to your SVN repository (using the appropriate SVN tools).

Give SVN a try, it really comes in handy when working with source codes
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #48
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Good idea I started a page here: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/hub/wiki/FirstSteps

The thing about SVN is that paths (trunk, branches, tags, etc.) are not really filesystem paths, but paths as described in metadata. So there is no way to directly upload something to a SVN repository via FTP for example. However, if you use SVN, it's still as secure as FTP, because you are connecting via https (SSL) to your repository. TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN are two recommended Windows clients.

If you don't like to use SVN, you can also tar or zip your sources and upload the packed file via FTP. And if you like, I can move them from there locally to your SVN repository (using the appropriate SVN tools).

Give SVN a try, it really comes in handy when working with source codes
Will do. Thanks for the info.

p.s. any chance of putting a link to the Dev Hub on the MR home page?

i.e. Home | Forums | Wiki | DevHub | Invite | Submit News!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #49
crepi22
crepi22 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
a bug tracker for the trac

This is a great idea and i have added a few lines of codes in it (pdfscrib).

But I do not know if there is a bug tracker for the trac itself. At least it is not obvious (it should be accessible from the main hub page). This is my first wish.

My second wish is that in the auto generated part for a project, the link given for downloading a zip archive only downloads the last changeset. I have made a correction on my project (pdfscrib) that fits my needs (because r1 is empty).
There is probably a better solution and I am not sure of the extent of what I download (we don't want development branches).

Thanks again for the hub!
crepi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #50
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi crepi,

Glad you like the idea! When you say a bug tracker for the trac, do you mean a bug tracker for tracking bugs related to the Dev Hub itself? This indeed could be added on the main Hub page.

I'll see if we can make a link that automatically creates a zip of the latest changeset. Currently, it's already possible to zip the changeset if you go to "Browse Source", click on "Last Change", and then select "Zip Archive" near the bottom.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #51
crepi22
crepi22 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
For the first part, yes this is what I meant.

For the second, I am afraid this is the opposite. The original link that was supposed to give the zip of my project, only returned the last changeset (it was the license for me).
What I have put now returns the full project, which is what I expected but I had to change the provided link. eg path/changeset?format=zip&new=latest&old=1&new_path=%2F &old_path=%2F
instead of
path/changeset/latest/?old_path=/&format=zip
(example taken from Midori internet browser project).
crepi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #52
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alex:

I'm having a strange problem over here. Basically changeset 25 'disappeared' and will not let users browse source through it using Previous Changeset. I had deleted an empty directory! The revision log link is the only way to get to see changeset 25.

Is there any way to reset 'revision 25' or allow/add for a link to Previous Changeset when you get the Forbiddend warning. Even I get that warning even though I have master priviledges.

Thanks!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-01-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fixed typos
Old 04-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #53
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Wow, I admit I had to Google somewhat to find the cause for this problem. The problem (and cause for it) is described here: http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5097

Basically, revision 25 is an "empty revision", identical to revision 24. This causes Trac to stumble when viewing the changeset.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #54
nrapallo

Quote:
Wow, I admit I had to Google somewhat to find the cause for this problem. The problem (and cause for it) is described here: http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5097

Basically, revision 25 is an "empty revision", identical to revision 24. This causes Trac to stumble when viewing the changeset.
Does this mean there is no "quick fix"?

I have a workaround, on my Wiki page, to browse from Changeset 24 and prior. Not elegant, but will have to do.

Thanks for figuring this out for me!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #55
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I will compare the code with the current trunk of Trac and see if they came up with a fix.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:12 AM   #56
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Nick, I applied the fix from Trac trunk and changeset view should be working now, also for empty revisions.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 AM   #57
nrapallo

Quote:
Nick, I applied the fix from Trac trunk and changeset view should be working now, also for empty revisions.
Kudos, Alex!

Works like a charm.

Thanks!

p.s. Do you know where I can find info on changing the directory structure i.e. moving existing (versioned) files into new directories. I currently have a "flat" filesystem for mobi2imp, but would rather have (new) 'src' and 'doc' directories. I tried to get this to work with 'move svn', but it didn't. That's how I got empty directories being deleted and that empty revision bug!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-04-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #58
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
svn mv
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #59
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hmm I would have thought the svn move operation would work here. Maybe you need to make the new dirs before moving the existing files/dirs?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #60
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
svn mv
Quote:
Hmm I would have thought the svn move operation would work here. Maybe you need to make the new dirs before moving the existing files/dirs?
Thanks, I tried 'svn move' using TortoiseSVN, but will try the command line 'svn mv'.

Here's to more empty directories being created!!!

Tags
development, subversion, svn, trac, wiki