Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
kenbaldwin
Connoisseur
kenbaldwin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Readerette

Anyone have any experience with this tool?
http://www.readerette.com/

Ken
kenbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It was announced here the other day, I've played with it a bit, and it seems to work well enough. But, I'm afraid RSS feeds aren't that big a deal to me, so I'm not sure how informed my opinion is on the matter.

The interface was nice and clean, and I didn't have any trouble figuring out what to do to make it work.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #3
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
It looks good for a beta but Geekraver's RSS2BOOK is working better for me. Readerette does not do embedded links, yet. But I read here that it will be enabled in the future. I seem to get the full text of linked stories more often with RSS2BOOK. I can't figure out how to customize the feeds in RSS2BOOK but it appears that Geekraver has made it possible to do fairly sophisticated extractions of content, and given the user the ability to figure it out and, when the publish button works, share it with others. It can also produce BOTH pdf and rtf files, which can save a lot of space if you don't need pictures. RTFs also allow the better text resize options. Also, RSS2BOOK does cool table of contents which Readerette does not.

Readerette seems to hide the options and the changes will be controlled by the programmer. I'm looking forward to seeing Readerette in its final phase, but its still early.

Of course, both are head and shoulders above Sony's limited RSS feed option.
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I downloaded this app and tried to install it. The author forgot to mention that it requires Dot NET, which I don't have installed. And I am not going to (bloatware).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
The author forgot to mention that it requires Dot NET, which I don't have installed. And I am not going to (bloatware).
Aw, c'mon, all the kids are doing it!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
Sorcerous
Sorcerous began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Thanks for asking.

Please feel free to post comments on the readerette site or the http://forum.readerette.com/ about what you would like to see in this tool, and how it is working for you, or any problems or issues.

Best regards,

Vidal -- the author.
Sorcerous is offline   Reply With Quote