Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Recommendations for Libre Reading Light

I searched the forum but found nothing. Do the usual clip lights (like the Mighty Bright) clip securely to the Libre/Jetbook? I'm also look at the Kandle, but I can't tell if that form factor will work on the edge of the Libre.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I cannot recommend the Kandle for the jetBook/Lite/Libre although it works well on my Pocketbook 360. The LCD screen seems more picky about the angle of the light. I think a light with a flexible neck would work best for the jetBook.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good information, thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Just a thought. It seems that most of the ear attached light gadgets use more expensive button batteries which last only 16 hours or so. Or the ones that take AA batteries would seem to be rather heavy and some folks complain of the discomfort. And the sony M-case is for the 6 inch Touch edition costing all together about $60 for the case and the light.

I saw this item in Amazon. Not as cute, but probably more practical.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ROQWZ&v=glance

(Beam and Read light- 3 LED)

Has anyone tried this? It uses AA batteries and lasts 120 hours.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
Desertway
Addict

I think wearing anything would bug me.
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
Just a thought. It seems that most of the ear attached light gadgets use more expensive button batteries which last only 16 hours or so.
Although the CR2016 batteries for the ear lights are expensive when bought individually at the drug store, you can get 25 of them for $7.25 from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/CR2016-Lithium...W8KRBBY8X55XYC
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
petechan
Connoisseur

Yes, I saw that.

I was wondering how many in the forum have tried the earlight. I guess if you are used to having a bluetooth device attached to the ear it wouldn't bother you much.

I was looking around at what's available. I think any of the clip on lights would be difficult since the Libre/Jetbook doesn't have much room on the perimeter to clip something on to without interfering with access to the right sided buttons or the left side slider. I don't know if the sony case with the elastic in the corners would cover up any of the buttons and in any case personally I like the feel of being able to hold the reader in one hand and turn the pages with my thumb.

On the same note, I saw on ebay a seller was selling a similar neck worn 2LED light which uses 3 AAA batteries for only $6.95 free shipping (supposedly lasts 40 hrs). I have a similar type of device sold by Lowe's that is meant as a headlight and they are very light, and I think it works better worn around the neck since it would not move around as much as a headlight and also more comfortable.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
I don't know if the sony case with the elastic in the corners would cover up any of the buttons
Here is a post from someone who bought a Sony PRS-300 M-Edge cover for their Jetbook. It seems to fit pretty well.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=m-edge

Last edited by PodPeople; 03-11-2010 at 10:15 AM.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
petechan
Connoisseur

Thanks for the link.

Yes, it does look nice. I think maybe if I were to travel and wanted to keep things as compact as possible, I would get this setup. Maybe it has to do with the relatively low price of the libre that the thought of spending $60 for the case and light seems high.