Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #1
mikichi
mikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle paperWhite
wrong split paragraph

hi,
first, i read the sticky about PDF conversion/
now, i have a little split paragrah problem, if the sentence end in edge of the line in PDF so Calibre think its a own paragraph.
i.e:
this is my text in my pdf:
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablabla.
blablablablablablablabla.

actually, i have only one paragraph but calibre think that dot in third line its own paragraph and split this to:
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablabla.

blablablablablablablabla.

thank you,
miki
mikichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
PDF conversion is always a problem and often you cannot get the result you want so have to manually edit the results!

Conversion settings that might help are:
- Enable the option to use heruristics.
- Reduce slightly the setting for the unwrap - this affects when lines ar treated as end-of-paragraph.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
mikichi
mikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of lightmikichi is a glorious beacon of light

thank you,
but i did it, its not help.
i dont understand why calibre recognize the dot in end of line like a paragraph
Old 01-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
mikichi

hi,
i try to debug the conversion and i see that in input folder the paragraph split very well and in parsed folder its go wrong.
i hope that help you to help me