Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
afrady5
afrady5 began at the beginning.

Device: lookbook model number 1636372
lookbook reader

I can not get my lookbook to charge or turn on since the battery died can anyone help me
afrady5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
The Lookbook is only licensed to use the Kobo store but it is not manufactured or sold by Kobo. You will need to contact the manufacturer for help with it.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
What do you mean by "since the battery died"? Did it one day simply stop working, or have you noticed a decrease in battery life and now it is completely dead, or something else?

iirc, the Lookbook shares the same hardware as the Literati ereader. I had my Literati battery "fail" at one point; it would only turn on when plugged in and would instantly power off when unplugged. I opened it up and found that the battery had become disconnected. It was fairly simple to resolder the wires.

It should be fairly easy for you to open up your reader if you want to. I have tear down pics of the Literati here - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80#post1386980. Note that there are two different kinds of back for the Literati; I don't know which you will have. One is in two parts, the small part at the top of the reader slides off (getting it to move is difficult); the second piece can then be unscrewed from the device. The other style is a single piece, the whole of which slides.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote