Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Multiple conversion settings feature request

I would be interested in a plugin which allows two or more sets oc conversion options to be held and allows you to specify which option to uses when doing a conversion.

I currently have a Cool-er and a KT. The Cool-er does not have the facility to allow add fontsto be added to change margins or change line spacing. I thus have to embed fonts and specify values for margins and line height when doing a conversion. My KT allows fonts to be added, margins changed and line spacing changed unless they are specified in the CSS. I also do conversions for friends and relatives who have other readers.

Or is there another way of achieving a similar result.

Thanks
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
This was originally posted on the plugin ideas thread. I have moved it to here because being conversion related it isn't really suitable to a standalone plugin and is more of a core calibre feature request.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Smile

Typical now I have asked the question I have thought of one solution and found another work around in the forums.

Kovid gave one solution to an earlier query:-

sure, I'm not going to add support for that to the GUI. But you can achieve it yourself by managing the conversion subfolder in the calibre config directory. That's where all conversion defaults are stored. Just have multiple copies of that folder and rename the need copy to conversion each time before launching calibre.-

I came up with another which is to install Calibre Portable and point it at the library I intend to store my Kobo ebooks. The conversion settings of this Calibre install are set up with the settings I need for my Kobo and do not interfere with may main Calibre installation, whose conversion settings suit my COOl-ER. I will use one install or the other and not open both at the same time, which should prevent any clashes between the two.

I will also use Kovid's work around on the portable install for the other sets of conversion config settings I need for the conversions I do for family and friends.

HTH
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote