Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #61
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The Marware cover just changed to "Shipping Soon" as well.
Damn, mine's still 'not yet shipped'. Though estimated delivery is still the 16th.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #62
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Damn, mine's still 'not yet shipped'. Though estimated delivery is still the 16th.
I think it my have to do with what distribution center your order will be processed from. I'm in California and on the Amazon Kindle Forum those in Calif.'s orders still say "not yet shipped" and have an estimated delivery date of 11/16.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #63
jswinden
Nameless Being

Mine is still saying not shipped, though it occasionally updates to shipping soon, but always goes back to still not shipped. I called CS to see what was going on and got a really stupid person who kept repeating the obvious of when it is due to be delivered. He barely spoke English and was absolutely no help at all! He said he couldn't find any problems but i could tell he was clueless as he kept asking the same questions over and over and I could tell he was trying to look for documentation to tell him how to respond. My CC has not been charged either. If it doesn't ship by noon tomorrow, or at least show my CC was charged by then, I will probably cancel and just wait and get one locally as it seems like they might have screwed up my order some how.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #64
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Mine is still saying not shipped, though it occasionally updates to shipping soon, but always goes back to still not shipped. I called CS to see what was going on and got a really stupid person who kept repeating the obvious of when it is due to be delivered. He barely spoke English and was absolutely no help at all! He said he couldn't find any problems but i could tell he was clueless as he kept asking the same questions over and over and I could tell he was trying to look for documentation to tell him how to respond. My CC has not been charged either. If it doesn't ship by noon tomorrow, or at least show my CC was charged by then, I will probably cancel and just wait and get one locally as it seems like they might have screwed up my order some how.
My card hasn't been charged either, but I would rather wait in case there are any issues with it so that I can deal with Amazon directly. For me it's better to simply cut out the middle man even if it means I have to be patient a bit longer. Keep in mind that they do not release tomorrow so canceling simply because the item was not shipped a day early may not be the most effective way resolve the problem.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #65
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm a Silver Premier customer at Best Buy, so returning without questions is not a problem. It is actually a lot easier than shipping an item back to Amazon. I paid a lot extra for one day shipping, so if it looks like others are getting theirs shipped tomorrow and I don't, then that would be a waste of one day shipping fees.

The idiot CS rep just sent me an email saying that Amazon is indeed still planning to deliver KFires by Nov 16. I kept telling the dufus that was NOT my question/complaint. I've had a few orders screwed up in the past as far as shipping goes and I was trying to get him to verify everything was okay, but "Peggy" could not seem to wrap his wee little mind around that concept.
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #66
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
I'm a Silver Premier customer at Best Buy, so returning without questions is not a problem. It is actually a lot easier than shipping an item back to Amazon. I paid a lot extra for one day shipping, so if it looks like others are getting theirs shipped tomorrow and I don't, then that would be a waste of one day shipping fees.

The idiot CS rep just sent me an email saying that Amazon is indeed still planning to deliver KFires by Nov 16. I kept telling the dufus that was NOT my question/complaint. I've had a few orders screwed up in the past as far as shipping goes and I was trying to get him to verify everything was okay, but "Peggy" could not seem to wrap is wee little mind around that concept.
Although "Peggy" may be confused, I suspect that the shipping process is further along than the current shipping info shows. You'll know by morning.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #67
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
One and Two Day shipping MAY be the same.

Quote:

The idiot CS rep just sent me an email saying that Amazon is indeed still planning to deliver KFires by Nov 16. I kept telling the dufus that was NOT my question/complaint. I've had a few orders screwed up in the past as far as shipping goes and I was trying to get him to verify everything was okay, but "Peggy" could not seem to wrap his wee little mind around that concept.
I use Amazon Prime and always get the 2 day shipping option. However, ALL my orders for the last 2 weeks have reached me in ONE DAY. Thus, paying extra for one day shipping may, indeed, be a waste of money.

I just purchased something else today with the 2 day option and it IMMEDIEATELY said "Shipping Soon" just like my Kindle Fire and Marware now say. The product I purchased today has an estimated delivery date of Nov 16 while the Kindle Fire and Cover still say Nov 17.

My opinion is that everyone with one and two day delivery options will get the Kindle Fire ON NOV 15. That is the official release day. As I post this it is still Sunday, Nov 13.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #68
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Ah, my cover charged and is shipping soon. So, items ordered, charged, and shipping soon:

Kfire
Ktouch
Kfire cover.

Tuesday (maybe tomorrow?) will be a GREAT day!

Now, if only they'd sort out the Ktouch covers....sigh
Old 11-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #69
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
I just got an email that a KF only book I'd pre-ordered has been "delayed" from Nov. 21st to Nov. 14th. (Ever get the feeling you're in an episode of Dr. Who?) Why would I be getting a KF-only book before I receive the device? I can't imagine.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #70
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Great news !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
I just got an email that a KF only book I'd pre-ordered has been "delayed" from Nov. 21st to Nov. 14th. (Ever get the feeling you're in an episode of Dr. Who?) Why would I be getting a KF-only book before I receive the device? I can't imagine.
That clue just well could mean that tomorrow is FIRE DAY. I'll know after UPS gets to my house at the usual time of 6:00 PM in the evening tomorrow.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

It's the weekend so the Support you get is outsourced usually by foreigners. I've had better luck with Support through Chat on weekends then calling.

I wouldn't worry about what the website says. Remember Amazon is on Pacific time so you may not see any action till tomorrow later in the day. If you paid for one day shipping it will probably go out Monday or Tuesday and you will still get it on the 16th. Overnight shipping is fast!

When I return my K4 they overnighted me a new one but it didn't ship till around midnight later that night and I got it around 1pm the next day through UPS.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #72
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's the weekend so the Support you get is outsourced usually by foreigners. I've had better luck with Support through Chat on weekends then calling.

I wouldn't worry about what the website says. Remember Amazon is on Pacific time so you may not see any action till tomorrow later in the day. If you paid for one day shipping it will probably go out Monday or Tuesday and you will still get it on the 16th. Overnight shipping is fast!

When I return my K4 they overnighted me a new one but it didn't ship till around midnight later that night and I got it around 1pm the next day through UPS.
The order is probably okay. But the fact that every time I check on it it seems to alternate the status has me worried a bit. It could be a snafu in the system. Plenty of funds in the CC account so that cannot be it. I wanted to talk to "Peggy" about the Amazon Prime one day rate being wrong, but I decided he wouldn't have a clue anyway. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #73
gweminence
Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you paid for one day shipping it will probably go out Monday or Tuesday
I'm hoping for better than that. I'm hoping they shipped yesterday, and so will arrive tomorrow. Sometimes the 'shipping soon' just doesn't catch up with the actual shipping for some reason. I've seen that happen a few times.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
The order is probably okay. But the fact that every time I check on it it seems to alternate the status has me worried a bit. It could be a snafu in the system. Plenty of funds in the CC account so that cannot be it. I wanted to talk to "Peggy" about the Amazon Prime one day rate being wrong, but I decided he wouldn't have a clue anyway. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.
It could be a cache issue. Try logging in on another browser and see if the status changes. If there is a problem with your card you will receive an auto email telling you so. I've gotten a couple of peggys before so I know what you mean. I think it will be okay when I called Amazon about my order not Kindle support Paul was wonderful in assuring me everything was fine and he even called me back later that week to make sure it went through correctly. I have no worries when shopping with Amazon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #75
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I personally avoid Best Buy purchases for anything. Returns to them are always sticky. We bought a washer and dryer from them last year and weren't told until two hours past our delivery window that the items were no longer being carried by Best Buy. They did offer a different model for the same price, but there were a down grade from what we bought. Anyhow it was mess. Perhaps its just out local stores but each time we needed to make a return or exchange to them it was a hassle.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote