Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Go to Page broken?

One of the greatest features added to the Nook was the Go To Page. Sure it always took a few seconds but it worked. Since my Nook updated to to 1.5 I can bring up the Go To Page feature, I can move the little slider to approximately where I need it, and then I sit there and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait some more until my Nook finally goes into hibernation without having changed the page. Am I the only one having this problem? Is there something else I'n supposed to be doing to get to actually go to the desired page, and why can't they have a go to page where you type in the page number instead of using an annoyingly touchy and inaccurate little slider thing?

I'm using a Nook that was softrooted with 1.4 but has been updated to 1.5 without re-rooting. Could this be part of the issue?

Beth
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I do know that you have to lift your finger off the slider to get it to actually go to the page you've picked. But I cannot imagine that you are not already doing that. I have not had a problem with the GoTo page myself (with 1.5). Sorry you are having trouble.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert