Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #76
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I have over 600 ebooks on my Kindle 3, which is my main Reader. I read anywhere between 4-6 at the same time, something I've been doing for about 30 years.

I have a number of categories, such as specific writers and specific genres. Among the many categories things are divided into, I have two that I find especially useful for me:

1) Primary Fiction
2) Secondary Fiction

I recently deleted about 120 titles from the Secondary Fiction category (after making certain I had them on my HD.) Secondary Fiction titles are way, way low on my reading list; in fact, they may be books I will more than likely not be able to get to, since there are so many other titles I'd rather read. In fact, I have two other categories:

3) Reading
4) Books To Read (with about 26 titles)

I found that freeing up my Kindle of these 120 or so titles increased the access time somewhat.

Here are my other categories/authors for anyone who's interested:

5) Stephen King
6) Anne Rice
7) Fantasy
8) Horror
9) Scott Nicholson
10) Amazon Purchased and Free
11) Wheel of Time Series
12) Bentley Little
13) Thriller / Espionage
14) Science Fiction
15) Non-Fiction
16) John Barth
17) Shell Scott Mysteries
18) Classics
19) James Branch Cabell
20) Brian Lumley
21) Fritz Leiber

Admittedly, that's a lot of categories here, but once I finish rereading James Branch Cabell and Fritz Leiber, I'll then read Scott Nicholson, Bentley Little, and Brian Lumley. Then, I'll just simply delete them. Some titles are, of course, in more than one category.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-11-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote