Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Lovecraft, H.P.: The Complete Poetry. V3. 11 September 2011

Here is the complete collection of poetry by H. P. Lovecraft that is available to the public domain. These are defined by the H. P. Lovcraft's listing in Wikipedia and all of the stories come from the H. P. Lovecraft Archive website.

Many thanks go to:
Pdurrant for providing the cover which can be found at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27083

Valloric for providing such an excellent tool in Sigil as this book was created using it.

Jellby for his list of corrections and finding that amazing font.

Prestidigitweeze for his support and help with the declaration page.

And lastly: All members of this fantastic site for providing such a great place for all us ebook enthusiasts.

All stories have been proof-read using the H. P. Lovecraft Archive site, if anyone has a better source, then feel free to double check the stories.

Lovecraft's juvenilia is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64574

Lovecraft's Fiction is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94970

Lovecraft's collaborative work is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65671

Lovecraft's poetry is available here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96762

Enjoy.

Ver. 1 31th August 2010 (97 downloads for non-TOC & 76 downloads for TOC)
Initial release.
There are two files here; one with an included TOC page within the body of the text and one without. Other than this, they are both the same.

Ver. 2 18th October 2010 (128 downloads for non-TOC & 154 downloads for TOC)
Reformatted entire file so as to make it more compatible with reading systems and for file conversion.

Ver. 3 11th September 2011
Updated numerous headings with a great looking font (Agatha). Nice find Jellby, I love it, and it looks very appropriate for Lovercraft.
After researching the use of "shew" instead of "show", I've changed to using "shew" where I have found evidence that that was the original spelling. This may lead to having a mix of the use of "shew" & "show" in the same volume, but if the original text is in a particular form, then I think these books of mine should reflect that.
I've also updated the declaration page with a slightly modified version of the one that Prestidigitweeze sent me for my Lovecraft fiction volume so that it would also work for this book. (I hope the page makes sense and I haven't screwed it up)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Complete Poetry of H. P. Lovecraft.epub (209.5 KB, 1583 views)
File Type: epub Complete Poetry of H. P. Lovecraft-TOC.epub (211.0 KB, 1587 views)

Last edited by ghostyjack; 09-10-2011 at 01:54 PM.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Poems included are:

Part I. - Juvenilia (1887-1905)
Poemata Minora, Volume II

Part II. - Fantasy and Horror
Nemesis
Astrophobos
The Poe-et’s Nightmare
Despair
Revelation
The House
The City
To Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, Eighteenth Baron Dunsany
The Nightmare Lake
On Reading Lord Dunsany’s Book of Wonder
The Cats
Festival
Hallowe’en in a Suburb aka “In a Suburb”
The Wood
The Outpost
The Ancient Track
The Messenger
Nathicana
Fungi from Yuggoth
In a Sequester’d Providence Churchyard Where Once Poe Walk’d
To Clark Ashton Smith, Esq., upon His Phantastick Tales, Verses, Pictures, and Sculptures

Part III. - Occasional Verse
On Receiving a Picture of Swans
Fact and Fancy
Laeta; a Lament

Part IV. - Satire
Unda; or, The Bride of the Sea
Pacifist War Song—1917
Waste Paper
Dead Passion’s Flame
Arcadia
Life’s Mystery

Part V. - Seasonal and Topographical
A Garden
Sunset
Providence
Christmas
Christmas Greetings

Part VI. - Politics and Society
An American to Mother England
Lines on Gen. Robert Edward Lee
The Rose of England
The Peace Advocate
Ode for July Fourth, 1917
The Conscript

I've categorised the poems to make things a bit easier.

I'm not too certain of some of the formatting, so if anyone can give any pointers, please let me know.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru

Version 2 is now available with completely redone formatting. Most of the changes are non-visible, but will (I hope) make the file a bit more compatible with different reading systems and improve the appearance after converting to a different format.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru

Version 3 is now available with numerous corrections and some nicer looking formatting.

Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Congratulations on a gorgeous job, ghostyjack! I have yet to find a single collection of poetry on Amazon that reproduces stanza forms indents as well as you've done here -- and, yes, I do realize I'm comparing mobi to epub.

You seem able to render multi-leveled indents beautifully in a way that isn't too time-consuming -- a trick that even major publishing house staff seem not to have mastered.

If it's OK with you, I'm going to PM you about that.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru

Thanks very much for the comments, I do appreciate them.

PM whenever you want.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
You seem able to render multi-leveled indents beautifully in a way that isn't too time-consuming -- a trick that even major publishing house staff seem not to have mastered.
Due to my limited (but improving) skills with epub creation, I thought it was best to use the K. I. S. S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach. I don't see the point of lots of div's & span's when simple indentation appears to work just as well.

Also it makes it easier for me to visualise the layout when looking at the code, and easier for readers to get it right and display the content correctly.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
theDream
theDream began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your amazing contribution and collected efforts in bringing the works of H.P. Lovecraft to the public!

Would it be possible to publicise the entire poetry collection?

One particular poem I am seeking is called 'The Eidolon'.

The definitive collection of poetry was published in the (now very expensive) The Ancient Track. However 'the Eidolon' poem, and others, was published in Fungi from Yuggoth and Other Poems -which I am in the process of purchasing.

If you are interested, I will contribute The Eidolon to your collection as I believe it has not yet been made available to the public domain.

PS,
I have more than 12 years print/design (QuarkXpress, InDesign) experience and would be interested in collaborating/sharing your/my efforts on epubs. Please send a PM if interested. I believe our goals are similar. Thanks!
theDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru

Welcome to Mobileread theDream.

I'm glad you like my Lovecraft books, but I'm not quite sure what it is you are offering. If I add an poem that is not in the public domain to my collection and the publish it, aren't I breaking the law?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If, as stated here, it was published in 1918, and written by Lovecraft alone, it is public domain in the US and in life+50 and life+70 countries (so, pretty much everywhere). Maybe theDream means "easily available", or simply "published in PG or similar sites".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
ghostyjack
Guru

I would have assumed all his own work was now in the public domain (so far that has been proven my my research), so I was curious as to this. Hopefully he'll get back about this.

Most of his work is readily available except his poety, it's proving to be a veritable nightmare trying to track them down, even archive.org don't have much - unless of course my attempts to search are worse than normal. His example of "The Eidolon" is just one of thoughs that can be difficult to find.

I'll have another go at trying to track them down once I've added all the corrections you've provided for his stories, I'm hopeful I might be able to produce an updated version of those stories by this weekend.