Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
OpenOffice Styles

I created a book which used a OOO Style called "Quotations". When I built an EPUB the paragraphs which were formatted with the Quotation style had the text class="Quotations"> at the beginning of each paragraph.

Other standard styles such as Preformatted Text W2E warned me it couldn't handle and would treat as Plain Text.

Using LO 3.4.5 an W2E 1.1.15

Is there a list of what styles W2E will handle (other than Headers).

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Is there a list of what styles W2E will handle (other than Headers).
Hi BobC,
I'm working to improve style handling in W2E. In the 1.1.15, the styles supported are:

Code:
	SupportedStylesList(0) = "Standard"
	SupportedStylesList(1) = "Text body"
	SupportedStylesList(2) = "Heading"
	SupportedStylesList(3) = "Heading 1"
	SupportedStylesList(4) = "Heading 2"
	SupportedStylesList(5) = "Heading 3"
	SupportedStylesList(6) = "Heading 4"
	SupportedStylesList(7) = "Heading 5"
	SupportedStylesList(8) = "Heading 6"
	SupportedStylesList(9) = "Title"
	SupportedStylesList(10) = "Subtitle"
	SupportedStylesList(11) = "Caption"
	SupportedStylesList(12) = "Quotations"
	SupportedStylesList(13) = "Marginalia"
	SupportedStylesList(14) = "Illustration"
	SupportedStylesList(15) = "Horizontal Line"
	SupportedStylesList(16) = "Footnote"
These styles are managed by superimpose a standard CSS. You cannot change parameters in this CSS from the OOo Style Manager, but you can edit the CSS with Calibre after the ePub creation.

What happens in the next release?
In the next release will be support more styles (included Preformatted Text, and you can create your own style calling it w2e_something.
All styles which name starts with w2e_ will be added to the CSS respecting:
– font height
– paragraph's top, left, right, bottom margins
– first line indent

Moreover the 1.1.16 has a better image export quality, many bugs corrected, optional export to Mobipocket format.

You can test the beta by downloading it here

Finally, the user manual is here, I need translators in other languages as soon as will be update…

Thanks

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 01-22-2012 at 02:54 AM.
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Luke,

Thanks for the info - I looked further into my problem and have found that the paragraphs with the extra text at the beginning as well as being formatted as "Quotations" style were in a Bullet List so it appears that was upsetting your conversion routine.

Now I have understood what the underlying problem is I can simply change the style to Default where the paragraph in in a List.

That's what comes of importing someone else's HTML into Writer as a basis for a conversion !

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Hi,

can you send your text to writer2epub[at]gmail.com ?

thanks

Luke
Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post

Finally, the user manual is here

Luke
Hi Luke

Something's wrong, there is nothing at this URL ?
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
Michael_ZZ
Michael_ZZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
The link says http://lukesblog/wiki

but it should be http://lukesblog.IT/wiki

@ Luke:
You should definitely take actions against changing the main page by some unregistered users. I've just restored the "Pagina principale" a minute ago. See page history.

BTW - I'm sitting on the German translation of the Wiki.
Michael_ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_ZZ View Post
but it should be http://lukesblog.IT/wiki

Thanks!

Quote:
@ Luke:
Quote:
You should definitely take actions against changing the main page by some unregistered users. I've just restored the "Pagina principale" a minute ago. See page history.

BTW - I'm sitting on the German translation of the Wiki.
Done, and now you're admin.

Do you have idea how to implement multilanguage switch like these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 01-2455951 alle 07.03.26.png
Views:	863
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	81641  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
Michael_ZZ
Michael_ZZ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Do you have idea how to implement multilanguage switch like these?
Unfortunately I don't. It has been ages since I've edited wiki pages the last time. Maybe that will help you ... I don't understand the template concept. I'd have to really dig into it

MediaWiki Language Template Documentation
Michael_ZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #9
minipunk
minipunk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Personal style handling in W2E is a great improvement I think (BTW the whole W2E is great, thx a lot Luke!)

Even (text) color is transformed to CSS. Font-sizes are treated relative. Good.
Though in my experiments bold and italic style declarations do not appear in my CSS-classes (font-weight / font-style). Instead I still get explicite HTML markup inside my <p>'s.

Do I miss something at this point? (W2E 1.1.20, LO 3.4.6)
minipunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minipunk View Post
Personal style handling in W2E is a great improvement I think (BTW the whole W2E is great, thx a lot Luke!)

Even (text) color is transformed to CSS. Font-sizes are treated relative. Good.
Though in my experiments bold and italic style declarations do not appear in my CSS-classes (font-weight / font-style). Instead I still get explicite HTML markup inside my <p>'s.

Do I miss something at this point? (W2E 1.1.20, LO 3.4.6)
Please send me an .odt sample

Luke
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #11
minipunk

Quote:
Please send me an .odt sample
sent to the writer2epub gmail address. Hope this is fine.

I looked to the source again:
- (regular) headings also get an additional <strong> inside (no css definition for font-weight in <h1> etc).
- CSS: the 'text-decoration' definition for <a> misses a trailing semicolon. Seems to happen in all my w2e epubs.

Last edited by minipunk; 11-15-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: more precise
Old 11-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
sent to the writer2epub gmail address. Hope this is fine.

I looked to the source again:
- (regular) headings also get an additional <strong> inside (no css definition for font-weight in <h1> etc).
- CSS: the 'text-decoration' definition for <a> misses a trailing semicolon. Seems to happen in all my w2e epubs.
Both solved, thanks.

I will send to you the next 2.0 beta as soon will be stable

Luke
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
minipunk

Quote:
I will send to you the next 2.0 beta as soon will be stable
Thx, that's great! Looking forward to it

Found some other usecase, where different types of styling techniques unluckily mix together:

A standard heading in LO typically is defined left-aligned, though the resulting epub will have it centered. This is due to the hardcoded text-align: center;
for h1 etc.. (Macro: writer2epub.CSS.CreateCSSFile).
But when the heading's style is defined right-aligned in LO, the resulting epub <h1> gets some additional class="right" overruling the css h1.text-align. The heading now gets aligned to the right as supposed.

For an ordinary, non-technical user this behaviour might be confusing - or magic
(pls tell me if you need example odt's)
Old 11-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #14
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Thx, that's great! Looking forward to it
Found some other usecase, where different types of styling techniques unluckily mix together:
I'm working to improve CSS/Styles handling in W2E.
Now the styles are "imposed" by W2E regardless the style displayed in OOo/LibO. In my first mind this is to help "dummy" authors to create a good book.

But now I change my mind, and I wish to make a CSS/Style editor for all styles.
If you have suggestions about the user interface please contact me…

Luke
Old 11-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
minipunk

Quote:
In my first mind this is to help "dummy" authors to create a good book.
Yep. This indeed makes w2e very valuable/attractive. You probably should keep such a "publish by one click" option.
Quote:
If you have suggestions about the user interface please contact me…
I'll check the beta first and try to give some kind of feedback later