Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
jengwen
jengwen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Still having problems PDF to MOBI line unwrapping

I am trying to convert a large batch of PDF files into MOBI for my Kindle. It works fine when I use MobiPocket Creator, but that means I have to do each one individually. When I try to do it as a batch through Calibre, I get a blank line inserted after each line. I did some searching and saw that I should change my line unwrapping factor. I have tried all kinds of settings between -0 and 1 and none of them seem to fix it. Any suggestions?
jengwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Have you tried using Windows MobiPocket Reader? It can convert (Import) an entire folder of PDFs at one time. The conversion should be similar to Creator, but you can't edit metadata etcetera. The resulting MOBIs will be in your standard MobiPocket ebook directory (? icon -> Settings -> Advanced).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
jengwen
jengwen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it, but unfortunately, it had the same problem where a blank line is inserted after each sentence.
jengwen is offline   Reply With Quote