Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
eloquentius
eloquentius began at the beginning.

Device: pro 700
Charging stops after 5 minutes

I tried to charge my prs 700 with a cell phone usb charger and an other usb charger and both times, the red light disappeared after 5 minutes and the usb-connected screen showed up.
So I just unplugged it, shut it down and plugged in again every 5 minutes to make it charge again, but thats no solution for me.

can anyone help me ?

thanks for your answers in advance,

eloquentius
eloquentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
try using the ORIGINAL USB cable. Some sync only and some charge only, the
SONY USB cable does both simultaneously.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Another suggestion is to buy an inexpensive PSP (Playstation Portable) charger -- it plugs into the yellow DC-IN port at the base of the 700. It charges much faster and you can use the 700 while it's charging.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
eloquentius
eloquentius began at the beginning.

Device: pro 700
I used the original USB cable, but now I will buy a psp charger, thanks
eloquentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloquentius View Post
I used the original USB cable, but now I will buy a psp charger, thanks
I recommend the iGo (www.igo.com) charger system (which someone else had recommended to me more than a year ago here on MR). The system lets me charge my 505 at home (wall plug) and in the car (via the cigarette lighter plug). Plus, the system lets you buy different plugs for different devices, so I can use the same system (different plug) to charge my cell phone and my MP3 player.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert